Center for Discovery - Granite Bay, CA
The Center For Discovery provides residential treatment for women with eating disorders, teens with eating disorders, teens with mental health disorders, and teens with substance abuse issues. Each of our locations is dedicated solely to one of our specialized treatment programs. By keeping each location specialized to one of our treatment programs, we are able to provide the most effective and efficient treatment.
Leadership is vital to the success of any treatment program and that is exactly the role our Program Directors provide to their staff, facility and residents or clients. They provide management to the entire staff and clinical supervision of the treatment team at the programs they oversee. Aside from their managerial responsibilities, the Program Director carries a small caseload to whom they provide individual, family and group counseling. The Program Director provides oversight of the clinical documentation and Utilization Review matters. The Program Director assures that best practices are followed in accordance with company policies, and state requirements, in regards to clinical treatment and program management. The Program Director consults with the Regional and Executive teams on an as-needed basis to ensure the healthy functioning of the program and clinical treatment of its participants. The Program Director needs to be a licensed clinician (Psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, LPC, etc.). Ability to provide clinical supervision for interns is a plus.
- Possesses working knowledge of psychopathology, diagnostic assessment, and related treatment interventions
- Knowledge of evidence-based treatments and ability to individualize treatment approaches to meet each client's needs
- Must be able to conceptualize and implement master treatment plan with fully developed problems, objectives, and goals and monitor other clinicians to do the same
- MFT, PsyD, Ph.D., LPC or LCSW license required in the state of Virginia
- Experience in treating eating disorders as a primary diagnosis strongly preferred
- Oversees all aspects of the program to ensure quality and initiates any quality improvement that may be necessary.
- Supervise weekly Treatment Team Meetings to ensure consistent and effective communication between treatment team members, proper oversight of client development and progress and to ensure a team approach is utilized in the treatment of our clients.
- Monitor and assess staff morale and build team spirit and continuity. Intervene and address any staff related issues that may come forth.
- Participate in the interview process in a collaborative fashion to determine the appropriateness and qualifications of prospective staff members.
- To provide adequate and ongoing training of facility employees, and sufficient oversight/supervision to ensure that all services are in keeping with the Discovery Mission Statement.
- Provide bi-monthly in-service training to all Professional and Counseling treatment staff. Areas of development and in-service training include but are not limited to:
- Diagnosis and Assessment
- Group Therapy
- Milieu Management
- Communication Skills
- Evaluate each member of the professional staff, completes a written narrative clearly identifying strengths, weaknesses, and goals for the coming year. These reviews to be completed after the first three months of employment and yearly thereafter.
- Contributes to effective teamwork by working independently with staff to combine their skills and energies in a focused manner in keeping with the Discovery Mission Statement.
- Completes utilization reviews, oversees primary therapist process of utilization review and assists in the process of assuring that all client stays are covered in some way (i.e. insurance, private pay, etc).
- Ensure full adherence to the policy and procedure manual. Ensure adherence to health code policies, JACHO and licensing regulations. Provide oversight of any/all audits as necessary.
- Works with staff and facility manager to arrange coverage of all shifts. Ensure that adequate staffing is provided for shifts. Adjust staffing to match census when necessary.
- Serves as a positive role model to treatment staff, residents, employees, and guests by maintaining a positive, caring and professional attitude.
- Maintains a client caseload as appropriate to the census, assigns client cases based upon the match with each therapist, provides individualized treatment for each case. Provides individual and family therapy.
- Co-leading process group and/or any additional clinically oriented groups on an as-needed basis. Provides oversight of all other groups conducted.
- Participates in the marketing plan as requested. Maintaining collaborative relationships with outpatient treatment team professionals. Conducting facility tours for professionals in the community or families as necessary.
- Complies with the employee dress code and assures that program staff does so as well.
- Complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Establishes and achieves realistic goals within the position.
- Attends designated meetings and/or conference calls.
- Providing on-callsupportin conjunction with clinical staff and providing ultimate oversight when necessary.
- Participates in supporting Discovery in Recovery and/or Parent Support/Alumni Groups.
- Maintains the confidential nature of resident and related activities.
- May be required to travel to other facilities to attend trainings from time to time.
Job Type: Full-time