People Management and Development
- Program Manager Management
- Develop, manage, and coach Program Managers through daily contact, site visits to schools, weekly check-ins, beginning of year goal setting and planning, mid-year and end-of-year performance reviews, and professional development opportunities.
- Ensure team is well-developed, strong, connected to their work, and the organization. Lead on sustaining a strong sense of City Year culture and values, consistently using City Year culture tools; make meaning of City Year culture and foster strong personal connections to the deeper meaning of our work in schools
- Provide guidance on meeting monthly, quarterly and annual Impact goals and administrative deadlines.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across teams
- Support Program Managers in team leadership and work with Program Managers to ensure that AmeriCorps members are in compliance with AmeriCorps regulations.
- AmeriCorps Member Management & Training
- Maintain site’s adherence to standards and national programmatic baselines.
- Meet as needed with Program Managers and AmeriCorps members regarding team management, accountability and standards issues, and manage disciplinary action regarding AmeriCorps members.
- Communicate with Program Managers regarding AmeriCorps member professional development needs.
- Support AmeriCorps member (ACM) and staff learning and professional development through individual and group coaching and by modeling outstanding professionalism, strong application of the City Year values, facilitation of meeting and learning spaces, and effective leadership
- Develop and provide quality trainings around service implementation to groups of staff and AmeriCorps members (ranging in size from 8-100 AmeriCorps members). Provide overall support for all AmeriCorps member trainings.
- Service Model Fidelity
- Ensure Program Managers are implementing Whole School Whole Child model with fidelity to enhance service quality and maximize impact.
- Ensure that service tools are utilized effectively.
- Ensure Program Managers are setting and monitoring clear, measurable weekly and monthly deliverables for AmeriCorps members to ensure effective planning and execution of service priorities and parent/community engagement events.
- Service Impact & Evaluation
- Support evaluation team in collection of data.
- Track Program Manager’s data deliverables, teams' progress, observations and general service impact.
- Work with service team and Program Managers to coach around and ensure quality of day-to-day service implementation, including through classroom observations
- Support Program Managers in placing AmeriCorps members in classroom.
- After School Program
- Ensure that Program Managers are leading City Year teams to provide a high quality, effective, safe, and well-organized after school program.
- Collaborate with school partners to ensure the successful launch of the program.
- Routinely monitor all elements of the program for quality and make necessary adjustments.
- Relationship Management
- Build and maintain relationships with principals and school liaisons and serve as supervisory contact.
- Ensure Program Managers are building strong relationships with school site stakeholders.
- Establish presence during any City Year and/or school crises.
- Work with Program Manager and Managing Director, Impact to develop strategy to secure continuation of funding allocations from school partners.
- Create and oversee school engagement strategy and support district engagement strategy, including brokering new partnerships
- Community Awareness
- Engage team in activities and experiences that deepen their understanding of the communities in which they serve.
- Leverage City Year Values and frameworks to help staff and AmeriCorps members develop perspective on their role in the school community.
- Work with team to understand the resources provided by local community organizations that may benefit students and the school community.
Team and Site Leadership
- Support in building a strong, inclusive, whole-site culture that reflects CYSKC mission, vision, and values, with a focus on Race & Equity
- Develop and communicate site priorities and team strategy as a member of the Impact Leadership Team
- Strong passion for and commitment to City Year’s mission of delivering high impact service to children and schools in Seattle; developing young adults participating in national service as powerful civic leaders and life-long active citizens; promoting and advancing the concept of voluntary national service; belief in youth as agents of social change
- Demonstrated experience managing others and leading a team, with a strong track record or results including:
- Setting high expectations and holding self and team accountable for performance goals
- Setting up structures for effective teams and ability to delegate effectively and appropriately
- Developing diverse talent through coaching, performance plans, reviews, and leadership opportunities
- Ability to manage and strategically direct relationships and to establish diverse, sustainable partnerships with schools, district and relevant stakeholders
- Able to communicate effectively to a diverse staff and youth, and in highly visible, challenging situations
- Strong project management skills; able to manage multiple tasks, priorities and stakeholders effectively; ability to generate results and complete projects within deadlines
- Candidates with a background in education preferred
- City Year / AmeriCorps experience a plus