The IT Project Management Office (PMO) Program Director is a hands-on position requiring experience and expertise managing portfolios of projects and the project teams responsible for tactical delivery to ensure strategic alignment with our business partners. The Director partners with the Business Relationship Management team to understanding the strategic roadmaps for key business partners. The director administers key project portfolios to ensure IT and business partner satisfaction. The Director takes ownership and responsibility for the quality and precision of all project deliverables, and works collaboratively with peers to ensure that project governance standards are developed, met, and maintained.
The IT PMO Program Director works under the direction of and reports to the Head of the IT Project Management Office.
Under the direction of the Head of the IT Project Management Office, the roles are responsibilities of the position are as follows:
General management responsibilities
· Responsible for understanding the strategic roadmap for key PMO portfolios and the specific business goals and objectives of the approved initiatives within key portfolio.
· Responsible for monitoring and reporting progress of the initiatives in key PMO portfolios.
· Responsible for managing, motivating, and evaluating the progress of IT PMO teams delivering the approved initiatives.
· Responsible for performance reviews of direct reports, coaching, mentoring, and when necessary, preparing and administering appropriate employee development and action plans.
· Prepares presentations, as required and as requested, and adheres to Project Management Office and company brand guidelines.
· Conducts portfolio meetings with the portfolio’s program managers to promote and manage the portfolio’s projects.
· Participates in and provides meaningful contributions to Project Management Office initiatives.
· Gains consensus of peers and superiors to build a collaborative team environment delivering exceptional customer service.
· Develops, implements, and maintains reports to: identify opportunities for improvement, convey project and portfolio progress, illustrate issues, identify root cause, and present potential resolution and or mitigation strategies.
· Routinely communicates portfolio results to business and IT partners.
· Prepares presentations for the department VP in support of senior executive reviews.
· Monitors the competitive dynamics of our industry and sector, as well as marketing, customer experience, and associated technology innovation.
Role and responsibilities
· This role is a senior management position responsible for IT PMO leadership.
· Emphasis is placed on cultivating relationships with our business partners, colleagues in the PMO, others in IT, as well as other executives throughout the enterprise.
· The Director works with key portfolio business relationship management teams to gain intimidate knowledge and understanding of the business units’ strategic roadmaps, and provides value add contributions such as technology and industry-based thought leadership, input and insights.
· The Director considers all associated downstream/upstream impacts of new project requests against the existing portfolio, and assesses the workload of project managers, program managers, and continually assesses project and portfoliorisk.
· The Director must possess a keen understanding of project budgets, forecasts, and schedules, and must be able to navigate through documentation requirements to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and with the highest quality and standards.
· Coordinates Requests for Proposal, contract negotiations, and engages with regulatory compliance team to ensure legal and other regulatory considerations are met and addressed.
· Provides or secures the training necessary to ensure optimum job performance of self and of direct reports.
· Seeks methods to optimize performance, reduce costs and improve service levels.
· Develops and executes strategic plan for area of responsibility.
· Sits on the tollgate review board
· Accountable for developing and advancing the career paths of each employee in the IT PMO.
Education and experience:
· Bachelor's degree in business management, project management, financial management, computer science, communications, or related field required.
· Master's degreepreferred.
· Five to ten years of experience in a progressively advancing career capacity with demonstrated excellence in people, process, and technology project management.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced technology environment.
· Willing to complete tasks under strict time constraints, which may require long, off-hour and weekend work.
· Willing to work on-site at any of our casino resorts, which may include exposure to noisy, smoky, and populated areas.
· Superior verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
· Expert skills in leading and managing on-site and remote workforce.
· Expert capabilities in the creation of meaningful reporting, interpretation of project data and trends to enhance portfolio decision-making.
· Capability to engage in all aspects of project management goal setting and strategy development.
· Nimble, and able to react quickly to changing business needs.
· The successful candidate must be comfortable juggling multiple priorities and possess the agility and tenacity to deliver on tight timelines.
· Ability to facilitate discussion and drive consensus.
· Proficient in all MS Office tools, awareness of IT and gaming applications, and experience with project management tools used by large companies
· Ability to work independently, and with integrated with cross-functional teams.
· Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities in a dynamic, matrix environment.