Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 100 programs and over 3,400 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, the Santa Cruz County Crisis Stabilization Program (CSP) is a locked crisis program. It serves youths up to the age of 18 admitted involuntarily, and adults, aged 18+ admitted both voluntarily and involuntarily. The length of stay is up to 23 hours.
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Program Director oversees and coordinates the day-to-day functioning of the Program in accordance with Telecare policies and all applicable State regulations. Using Psychiatric Rehabilitation principles and Recovery Philosophy, the Program Director provides clinical and administrative supervision, coaching, and education for assigned team members with appropriate support to ensure service excellence as well as courteous, helpful, and respectful services to program members.
o Minimum five (5) years of experience in management, which shall include two (2) or more of the following: staff supervision, fiscal operations, or business administration. 2 of those years must be experience in a substance use treatment program
o Understanding of community mental health and substance use services, psychiatric rehabilitation concepts, and the recovery philosophy
• Current State license as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Marriage Family Therapist, or Clinical Psychologist
• For Registered Nurses, Bachelor Degree OR four (4) years additional experience in progressively responsible supervisory/leadership positions in a psychiatric or health care setting
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Master’s degree
• Substance abuse counseling credential and/or experience in co-occurring disorder services
• Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Defines the overall philosophy and objectives of the Program in accordance with the corporate and Program mission, and interprets same to the staff
• Plans, organizes, and directs the overall Clinical and Administrative operation of the Program
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
• Evaluates and implements recommendations from Program committees such as the Utilization Review Committee and the Member Council
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local county representatives
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Ensures that the Program is in compliance with all related state, federal, and local licensing regulations and requirements for the Program
• Ensures adherence to Member Rights as determined by corporate policy and governmental regulations
• Establishes and defines standards and provides training to staff to ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Program, which includes frequent collaboration among all departments, employee education, focus on monitoring Program standards, and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
• With the assistance of the Clinical Director, oversees clinical documentation and chart audits to ensure adherence to State and County requirements
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at Outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Knowledge and experience in a psychiatric treatment milieu
• Experience in crisis intervention
• Strong management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of labor relations
• Knowledge and experience using the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Bachelors or better.
Licenses & Certifications
Marriage Family Therapist
Licensed Clin Soc Wrker