At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Ocean 98.5 Program Director will lead the brand’s on air and digital experience, responsible for talent, content and programming, in addition to hosting the station’s Afternoon Drive show. This is a leadership role and requires an individual who can lead by example and model our values. We believe in fostering a creative, collaborative, accountable, fair and fun environment, and our next PD will be responsible for nurturing that environment among our team in beautiful Victoria. This role reports to National Format Director – Adult Contemporary.
- Develop and execute the programming plan for the radio station
- Lead the local content team to create and curate content on multiple platforms including FM, digital and mobile.
- Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air talent, production and promotions staff
- Co-ordinate with Music, Production, News & Promotions departments to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the format
- Partner with Promotions, Sales and Creative teams with respect to promotions, contests, marketing and commercial integrations
- Work in conjunction with NFD, Programming & Sales in support of local, national & corporate business goals to increase market share & revenue.
- Manage programming budget
- Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations
- Maintain competitive market knowledge and awareness
- On air Monday to Friday afternoons & deliver a well-prepped and targeted show
- Build strong social media presence with compelling & relevant content that fits the brand
- Enthusiastically participate in station events and activities as a brand ambassador who leads by example
- Host on-site events, Remotes & Live Broadcasts
- Voice track as required
- Previous on-air experience required
- Experience in programming management is desirable
- Proven track record in effectively leading teams
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to analyse data and make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgement and quality decision-making skills
- Organized and the ability to prioritize
- Openness to feedback and coaching
- Audio editing skills (the technical ability to find, edit, and package audio clips for air)
- Video editing skills would be beneficial
- Understanding of how to utilize and grow social media
- Experience with Wide Orbit Automation; VoxPro; Adobe Audition & Word Press an asset