JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This individual is responsible for the program development and customer relations associated with delivery of quality graduate “for credit” programs and non-credit programs for targeted industrial clients. This includes all elements of partner development, program logistics, faculty interface, market research, and customer service in producing viable industry corporate partners and developing new graduate programs for the University.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.JOB DESCRIPTION
- Mentor, advise, and interface with other ACE and Academic Affairs staff including Operations, Sales and Marketing team members.
- Conduct market research to assist in strategic decision making with regard to program development initiatives. Assist the Directors in developing and implementing a consistent marketing and advertising plan for the various graduate level programs.
- Establish and maintain relationships within the business community consistent with the basic function of the position.
- Identify opportunities for education and training initiatives through fostering strong relationships with the highest level of client management.
- Be involved in continuous improvement functions within Academic and Corporate Engagement with the goal of becoming a best practices division.
- Design and assess technical procedures and practices with regard to curriculum development and delivery.
- Be able to discuss technical initiatives with the highest level of engineering and business management including plant operations, design, and research and engineering technical initiatives. On a normal and consistent basis, may interact with the highest level of client management including, but not limited to, general managers, vice presidents, presidents and board members; on a normal and consistent basis may interact with WPI Provost, Department Chairs, Faculty, and members of the Provost’s staff.
- Identify changes in technology and innovation that may result in new program opportunities.
- Assist the Provost and others with the planning and implementation of future programs.
- Conduct presentations for current and potential clients to assist in developing business and promoting institutional engagement.
- Provide information to ACE Leadership on program cost-effectiveness.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness in determining how to serve internal and external customers.
- Assist in obtaining new course and program approvals through appropriate academic governance committees.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate multiple tasks through project completion for curriculum development, implementation, and assessment.
- Represent WPI at relevant events such as corporate events, conferences, trade shows when appropriate.
- Assist in proposal writing for clients and to obtain grant funding.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Five+ years’ experience working with industry in a technical, consultant or marketing role.
- Prior program management experience.
- Strong business acumen.
- High energy level.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Background in defining needs related to Science and Engineering within manufacturing and technical corporations.
- Strong working knowledge of process improvement and engineering practice.
- Strong working knowledge of assessment procedures and practice.
- A dynamic individual capable of being an appropriate representative of WPI.
- Strong communicator able to make professional presentations on short lead times.
- Must be willing to do limited overnight travel.
- Other duties as may be assigned or determined to support the continued growth and development of Academic Affairs.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.