Globecomm is a leading connectivity provider of video, voice, and data to the most remotelocations on Earth — and under the most treacherous conditions. The company’s comprehensive Satellite, Fiber, Cellular, and CDN infrastructure and services provide robust connectivity over Land, Sea, and Air with zero downtime for mission-critical RF and IP communications serving Government, Maritime, Media, Energy, Enterprise, Wireless, and IoT customers in over 100 countries. Along with world-class network system design and integration capabilities, Globecomm specializes in end-to-end hosted and managed services; broadcast and media infrastructure, virtualization, OTT, and IPTV solutions; cloud-based services for private network interactive training, distance learning, and corporate communications; and Satellite, Wireless, and Internet of Things/M2M solutions and services.
The Program Development Engineer is responsible for the complete life cycle of a new or modified software product, from research and design to implementation, training, and support.
- Analyze equipment and software in a laboratory environment to test performance and uncover vulnerabilities.
- Interact with other engineering groups or customers to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications.
- Identify functional problems and suggest resolutions.
- Develop and write software code, stand-alone software applications, and hardware applications to help improve performance and mitigate vulnerabilities. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, mobile apps or desktop applications products.
- Analyze, design, program, test, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs
- Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Assist in the definition of internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Adhere to software quality best practices and procedures.
- Participate in project review meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government issued security clearance
- 5-8 years of experience with software systems development and testing
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or equivalent working experience
- Working knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Programming methodologies
- Working knowledge of networking and network programming
- Demonstrated ability to capture and document software requirements
- Excellent programming skills
- Critical thinker with excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10%
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Working knowledge X86 and ARM assembly language
- Proficient in embedded systems software development and testing