The Program Developer for Enterprise Efficiency teams with the Sales Lead to form the initial "Core Team" that delivers Energy and Sustainability Services' Enterprise Efficiency service to our largest and traditionally geographically dispersed clients.
In this role you will be responsible for leading the development and structuring of custom-built efficiency programs designed to meet client's specific objectives in an accelerated, repeatable and programmatic manner. Further, this role is responsible for initiating the program execution once scoping has been completed.
The key objective of the role it to ensure Schneider Electric maximizes the positive impact our programs have on our clients' businesses, and in doing so create optimal revenue and profitability for our Enterprise Efficiency programs.
You will work at the intersection of cutting edge energy and resource efficiency initiatives with some of the biggest companies in the world. The position offers significant opportunity for growth and ability to shape your role and future in multiple directions.
Specifically, the Program Developer will:
- Enable sales pipeline development by collaborating with Sales in preparation for and during qualification and pre-sales meetings regarding the Enterprise Efficiency (or AEM) offer with the intent of building client confidence in Schneider Electric, while also qualifying the opportunity and defining the client vision for a programmatic approach to efficiency.
- Enable achievement of sales orders forecast by translating client vision into a client-specific Enterprise Efficiency (or AEM) program. Collaborate with the Sales Lead in tactically leading and directing the client and building proposal(s) as necessary to secure client organizational alignment and commitment to a large-scale "Mass Deployment" program roll-out. Leverage ESS Enterprise Efficiency framework and adapt it to the client specificities for optimal mutual benefit. This may include collaboratively supporting the pre-sales activities that will close the first consultative or Proof-of-Concept assignment, and successful execution of the initial phases of the program.
- As required to secure client organizational alignment and commitment to a large scale "Mass Deployment" program, deliver first workshop and/or Proof-of-Concept that will validate benefits of the Enterprise Efficiency (AEM) Program for the client, leveraging the Program Manager's execution expertise.
- Represent the sales opportunity from a technical and program standpoint to management / leadership (cross-functional team). Collaborate with management / leadership and other Schneider Electric BU's to incorporate Schneider Electric solution components into program.
- Enable achievement of sales (i.e. revenue) forecast by transferring program ownership to the Program Manager once Program roll-out (Mass Deployment) is secured, while also remaining part of the program "Core Team" to ensure execution remains aligned with design intent in a steering capacity.
- Enable client satisfaction and achievement of commercial margin forecast by remaining active in the Program team in a steering role, ensuring program desired outcomes remain aligned with client objectives and when appropriate re-design program such as when the client revises/redefines objectives or program lessons learned, desired improvements or other necessary changes are identified.
- Collaborates with Sales in Enterprise Efficiency opportunity qualification, pipeline development and conversion of opportunities to orders. Secure and maintain confidence and vision within the client organisation on ESS's capabilities and guide/influence client alignment around technical solutions
- Ensure (validate) understanding within the client of the value of solutions that will comprise program including creating a clear vision with the client of how these will solve specific client problems/issues/pain
- Secure preparation of first workshop or other initial / Proof of Concept - customer team, arrangements, venue etc
- Collaborate with sales to ensure team is in place, internal preparation and workshop animation is secured
- Build Program Roll-Out content and cost build-up and ensure deployment plan in place following workshop(s)
- Adapt ESS Enterprise Efficiency framework to client program specifics
- Partner with Sales Lead in securing orders for additional works arising from all engagements
- Closely collaborate with ESS Efficiency teams in other regions to ensure consistency in approach of Program scope and execution whilst managing local specifics
- Provide added depth and credibility to the sales process by providing in-depth technical knowledge of energy and resource efficiency as well as performance and sustainability.
- Demonstrate through client examples the value of our services and help position accordingly
- Challenge and re-align client where existing client vision of solution is sub-optimal
- Key metric: Maximize revenue per client for assigned Enterprise Efficiency programs
- Coordinate closely with central offer manager, and provide lessons learned and improvement suggestions for ESS Enterprise Efficiency framework.
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university. 5+ years of experience with 2-3 years' experience in the sustainability industry.
- Deep understanding of sustainability and energy efficiency industry trends, challenges, opportunities
- Ability to listen and understand prospect/customer sustainability "pain points", and address those pains by mapping to Schneider Electric strategy, technology, and implementation solutions
- Experience with web research tools
- Strong operational foundation with an affinity for client-facing activities; personable and engaging
- Very strong ability to communicate, both written and verbally, complex analysis and ideas in a concise manner
- Analytical self-starter with strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on multiple complex projects in diverse areas.
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Desirable skills and qualifications:
- Consulting or advisory experience
- Experience navigating large organization
- Experience leading team discussions and making management-level presentation
- Master's degree
- Analysis and Creativity: is able to quickly and concisely build a program that will best fulfil client's objectives, accelerate accomplishment of goals and generate revenue for Schneider Electric
- Influence: has strong ability to challenge and invoke change in clients' mindset to strategy and tactics in order to more effectively and expediently achieve (and where necessary redefine) objectives
- Decisiveness: has the ability to sort through information and make appropriate and timely decisions
- Initiative: recognizes and acts on what needs to be done without being asked to do it
- Diligence: energized by being diligent in meeting deadlines and completing tasks on time.
- Thoroughness: pays close attention to detail and produces accurate work in a timely fashion
- Responsibility: understands expectations and follows through in accomplishing them