Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is currently seeking a Program Cost Specialist for a critical IC program. This position will support the government program/project managers by providing the necessary tools and expertise to develop cost estimates, manage program and project budgets, and control costs; conduct cost estimates to approximate the costs of resources needed to complete project activities; aggregating the estimated costs of individual activities or work packages to establish a cost baseline, and use earned value management techniques to track and report cost variances to enable the government PM to manage costs effectively. The Program Cost Specialist shall prepare supporting documentation for the budget exercises, requests for reserve release, respond to data calls, perform financial analysis, and work with funding execution. In addition, the Program Cost Specialist shall perform operational, short term and long term trend analyses and prepare briefings on programmatic activities. The individual shall also support interactions within the organization, OMB, and possibly Congressional officials as needed and may coordinate MIPR (customer training available) activities with other related organizations through the appropriate offices. The Program Cost Specialist shall create consolidated financialreports. The subject matter is moderately to highly complex and involves coordination across components and functions of the organization (human resources, financial resources, working capital fund expenditures, and contracts).
- Must have a current/active TS/SCI with Polygraph
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires 5 or more years of experience developing cost estimates, managing program/project budgets, and/or controlling costs in a portfolio of projects
- Expert level Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to interpret and manipulate Pivot tables
- Must have a positive attitude and willingness to work with others to accomplish major initiatives in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated self-starter and team player with excellent communication skills (verbally and written)
- Experience with BASIS and/or an understanding of BCR
- Experience using COGNOS to generate reports
Requisition ID 2017-38224