Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
The Program Control Analyst team member will provide the analysis and development of financial information to support the management of company and program operations, while ensuring that all financial data is accounted for within all appropriate GAAP, DCAA, FAR and DFAR regulations. This individual will work with people at all levels of the organization including senior leadership team members to report, monitor and manage key financial and non-financial performance indicators for our programs. Financial experience within a government contractor is highly preferred.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate, develop and track the financial status of a portfolio of contracts to our internal users and external customers
• Work closely with our contracts department to monitor funding for contracts to ensure uninterrupted customer support is maintained
• Support our business development growth efforts by providing input on pricing for new business opportunities and rates on existing contracts
• Manage cost / schedule baselines, subcontractor funding, invoices, and other direct cost inputs (e.g., SCIF costs, travel, materials) for our prime contracts
• Prepare and analyze consolidated reporting at all levels of the organization on actuals, forecast and prior fiscal years, with primary responsibility to produce the monthly reports necessary for management of a program and/or the business unit.
• Provide variance analysis reporting for our contracts; providing data relevant to support our requirement to manage against corporate objectives, operational metrics, and budgets.
• Provide periodic review of all general ledger reconciliations, ensuring all transactions are accurately booked and balances are timely and accurate.
• Primary individual to manage all monthly and year end adjusting journal entries to meet GAAP guidelines for period reporting
• Research, develop and update Finance and Accounting policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; manage the implementation of communication plan to employees by communicating and re-enforcing core values.
• Accomplish special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
• Research, develop and update processes and procedures with respect to GAAP, FAR, DFAR and DCAA regulations, as guided by government contracting requirements and as identified by Polaris Alpha contracts with Primes and with the Government.
• Other ad hoc financial and accounting requests associated with a rapidly growing, innovative government contractor
A minimum of 5 to 10 years of progressive experience in a growing organization is desired. Experience with accounting systems, business intelligence systems and excel based tools are a must. Experience in Deltek or Cost Point is preferred.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
A Bachelor’s degree in an Accounting and/or Finance related field is preferred.