United States of America
MA801: Marlborough, MA 1001 Boston Post Road Building 2, Marlborough, MA, 01752 USA
Position Role Type:
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Program Area Chief Engineer. This position is responsible for the Engineering leadership of programs in the Tactical Solutions (TS) product area within the Protected Communications Systems (PCS) business within the Strategic Solutions (SS) Sub Business Unit (SBU). The Tactical Solutions Program Chief (TSPC) is responsible for technical, budget and schedule performance of the Engineering content of the programs. The TSPC is responsible for all Program Chief Engineers supporting TS programs as direct reports. Responsibilities include staffing assignments, strategic hiring, progress reviews, salary planning, recognitions, spot awards, succession planning, monthly staff meetings and all other HR related activities with direct reports. Provide mentoring to less experienced Chief Engineers to facilitate growth into roles of more responsibility will be a key aspect of a continued succession planning strategy. The person for this position will also be the Program Chief Engineer for a Program.
• The TSPC is a member of the TS Leadership Team and has engineering approval at the TS level for quarterly EACs, Gate reviews and Engineering Program Reviews
• The TSPC is the primary point of contact for the TS Program Area Director (PAD) to ensure that engineering is properly staffed and that the work performed is compliant with both engineering process and program contractual requirements
• Position will draw from extensive engineering, mission assurance, operations, program management, and supply chain management skills to assist suppliers in meeting business objectives and program requirements to deliver maximum value with minimal risk
• The TS also serves a backup/delegate to the PCS Engineering Director
• 10% - 20% Travel required
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 12 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 10 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 16 years of relevant experience
• Staffing assignments, strategic hiring, progress reviews, salary planning, recognitions, spot awards, succession planning, monthly staff meetings and all other HR related activities with direct reports
• Providing mentoring to less experienced Chief Engineers to facilitate growth into roles of more responsibility will be a key aspect of a continued succession planning strategy
• Lead an execution team that consists of engineers from across Collins and Raytheon SBUs, including Collins Communications & Networking Solutions, Collins Strategic Solutions, and Raytheon
• Gathering relevant information from the program family, synthesizing performance reports, ensuring programs meet technical requirements and customer expectations, and engaging the customer community
• Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
• U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
• ACTIVE Secret Clearance and briefed to specific Special Access Program(s) and holding required Unique Program Identifier (UPID)
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This position is ONSITE. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world - and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms