The Program & Project Management Director is accountable for the program and project management disciplines within the PMO and for providing effective leadership to employees within the PPM team. Specifically, this role is responsible for successful (within scope, budget and timeline) execution of Portfolio projects managed within the PMO, establishing standards and best practices for effective Program and Project Management, and for advising and managing program and project management staff.
1. Ultimately responsible for on-time, on-budget and within scope execution of portfolio projects managed within the PMO. Uses strategic/systems thinking competencies to help PrM/PM staff understand connections and relationships for planning and managing within a program or project and provides assists with roadblock removal and issue resolution. Ensures program/project objectives are met and aligned with PMO operational and software development lifecycle processes.
2. Responsible for providing effective leadership to Program and Project Managers through: assisting with staffing level planning; interviewing, selecting, orienting, and training; communicating performance expectations; providing feedback on performance through performance management processes, recognition, coaching, performance improvement plans, and/or discipline including termination; creating career growth opportunities and employee development plans.
3. Established policies, procedures, tools and best practices for effective Program and Project Management
4. Lead the continuous improvement of program/project management processes to ensure lean and consistent process execution.
5. Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or computer related discipline), Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years IT project and/or portfolio management experience
- 5 years of progressive leadership experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Expert knowledge of financial analysis model development and internal accounting controls
- Demonstrated ability to leverage strong communication skills to lead a department, function or group of individuals
- Proven experience in developing and implementing effective program/project management policies & procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technical/procedural requirements of the position based on knowledge and experience within specialization
- Demonstrated ability to attract, lead, motivate, and retain a team
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a group of employees within a department or function
- Demonstrated ability to support, effect, and implement change
- Demonstrated ability to impact and influence a diverse population
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- PMI Certification and/or strong knowledge of Project Management Body of Knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies