DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Conduct GCOS TP8 architecture analysis and administration such as installation,
configuration, and tuning of software in all Test and Production TP8 environments.
- Document, diagnose and correct problems that occur within installed GCOS TP8 environments for Test and Production.
- Provide on-the-job training for existing and future administrators supporting GCOS TP8
- Develop and/or maintain JCL/Cobol programs and/or GLink scripts involved in the automated
operation of GCOS TP8 environments.
- Have operational knowledge of the use of third-party tools such as PERSUE-8 for analysis of
- Use VA developed software tools to provide investigative and/or fraud case data for Regional
Office ISOs, OIG investigators and application developers.
- Document GCOS TP8 best practices and procedures.
- Document operational steps and/or procedures necessary to perform the assigned administrative
- General Comprehensive Operating System (GCOS)
NOTE: GCOS is a family of operating systems oriented toward the 36-bit GE/Honeywell mainframe computers. The operating system is still used today in its most recent versions (GCOS 7 and GCOS 8) on servers and mainframes produced by Groupe Bull
- JCL/Cobol programs
- Experience with SharePoint and MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s Degree in a Business Discipline
- 15 years’ experience
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education