This position will support the United States Department of Navy (DON) Office of Financial Operations (FMO) Evaluation, Prioritization, and Remediation (EPR) Program, established during FY 2015, located at the Washington Navy Yard (WNY). The EPR Program is designed to assess the overall health of the Navy’s audit readiness and sustainment posture through routine testing of processes and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
Personal / Team Development
• Demonstrates the MBC Values through behaviors; sets high personal standards for performance/conduct;
• Demonstrates ability to be a team player; works well with others; contributes positively to work/team environment.
• Provide support to consultants and clients and understand business issues and related challenges of the client’s organization and industry
• Applies Technical or Business Knowledge in developing quality deliverables
• Supports the operations of the engagement team and management while performing as an integrated team member.
• Supports development of engagement work plans, schedules, and performance meetings
• Understands the fundamentals of client’s business
• Works with team members to anticipate and assess clients future needs and assess solutions
• Supports practice business development activities
• Understands basic steps in sales process
• Demonstrates knowledge of MBC products and services
• Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development
Other duties as assigned
Supervision: Provide limited supervision through motivation, mentoring, direction, review and feedback of assigned tasks.
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant business or technical field.
• Over 6 years of experience in related field.
• An active DoD SECRET clearance
• Proficiency with the Web, MS Office and SharePoint
• Business travel as required by contract
• Expert functional and technical skills as required by contract
• Knowledgeable of engagement or project planning and control process
• Identifies potential add-on work and supports proposal development
Experience with the following is preferred:
• CPA with at least 6 years of experience including at least six months experience supporting a federal Government entity in the relevant functional area and 4 years of experience in performing financial statement audits.
• Perform tests of internal controls for various financial systems and develop CAPs for identified control weaknesses in conformance with OMB Circular A-123, Management’s Responsibility for Internal Control.
• Document accounting processes to include AP accruals, JV processes, etc.
• Document business and systems processes to include internal controls over financial reporting and systems operations.
• Monitor and report the status of CAPs for identified control weaknesses.
• Support presentations and client meeting, maintain meeting minutes and Actions Item Tracker.
• Attend, facilitate, coordinate, or lead meetings between DON EPR clients, FMO Leadership, the FIAR directorate, and Shared Service Providers (SSPs).
• Interface and communicate with clients and shareholders, i.e. system owners, Action Officers (AOs), Offices of Primary Responsibility (OPRs) and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
• Perform ad-hoc financial analysis as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritize and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, proposals, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to question activities and issues in all functional areas and make sound business decisions based on that data.
• Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, type or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
• Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
• During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is potentially exposed to fumes or airborne particles, caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
MBC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.