Professional Software Engineer
The Manufacturing Systems Programmer Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day development, support, and troubleshooting of custom and off-the-shelf manufacturing applications. This will include but is not limited to reporting or visualization tools, such as “dashboards”, laboratory information management systems (LIMS), and statistical process control tools (SPC).
• Collaborate with internal “customers” to discuss and document their business reporting and visualization requirements.
• Design and create custom business applications to collect, analyze and report data critical to plant operations.
• Analyze application performance and debug and/or repair as necessary.
• Modify custom applications to accommodate new functionality needed to satisfy compliance or business requirements.
• Design reporting solutions and present a mock-up of the expected reporting output for review and approval.
• Develop reporting solutions by interfacing to existing data repositories, extracting data, manipulating data, and displaying it for the computer users in a dashboard format.
• Convert legacy software applications to current technologies. (Ex. Visual Basic to VB.net)
• Expert level in Microsoft Office Suite, including VBA.
• Proficient in .net, java and/or python programming languages.
• Experience in a Manufacturing Operation is highly desired. Knowledge of basic manufacturing principles is needed.
• Proficient in writing SQL Queries.
• Proficient in the use of SAP.
• Experience with Oracle and ODBC databases is a plus.
• Experience with the SCADA system, Ignition, is a plus.
• Understanding of networking concepts, architecture and tools is a plus.
• Must hold US Citizenship and be able to pass a background check.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and presentation). Able to work in a Team Environment.
• Results driven and self-motivated.
• Must work onsite in Columbus, GA.