The Professional Services team is looking for a driven Professional Services Senior Associate, Advisory with a strong background in consulting and an interest in cloud computing to manage advisory and transformation projects, help our clients build high performance teams using Agile and Continuous delivery best practices, and guide clients in their adoption and wider engagement with AWS Cloud Solutions.
The Professional Services team delivers a wide range of projects for both clients and business partners. The Professional Services Senior Associate, Advisory will build and maintain a solid working relationship with coworkers and clients, from pre-sales efforts to project delivery. Professional Services Senior Associate, Advisory will collaborate and motivate engineering teams and customers' technology executives, act as the central point of contact for all parties to orchestrate delivery of desired engagement outcomes and deliverables. The ability to manage customer expectations, understand people, process, and technology challenges to recommend holistic solutions, establish long-term partnerships by delivering complex advisory engagements effectively, on time, and according to agreed-upon scope is critical to the Professional Services Senior Associate, Advisory.
What You'll Be Doing
- Identify and drive improvements across end-to-end technology value stream (inception through execution) for products and service delivery teams to help eliminate waste, increase productivity, and decrease total time to value for end users / customers
- Conduct collaborative workshops with cross-functional stakeholders to identify current state gaps and pain-points, desired interim and future states from people, process, and technology viewpoint for Agile transformation, Continuous Delivery using automation, and Cloud Transformation engagements
- Ability to define, collect, and track metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate success towards desired business outcomes
- Develop deliverables, content, and collateral in support of the engagement and present the outcomes / findings to diverse cross-functional stakeholders ranging from executives to product team
- Facilitate the resolution of issues and roadblocks, and present mitigation solutions / recommendations to a variety of stakeholders including engagement sponsors
- Drive key decisions, manage customer expectations, present and interface with project sponsors, and communicate trade-offs and recommendations as applicable
- Effectively leverage AWS Cloud, Agile, and Continuous Delivery best practices and principles to facilitate adoption, coaching, and training for customer teams
- Collaborate with other Advisory Consultants to build out and maintain reusable assets and offering materials to support future engagements and develop new offerings / capabilities
- Cultivate business development opportunities and participate in pre-sales activities to help secure new work
- Continue maintaining relationships with customer contacts in collaboration with sales, during and beyond project delivery
Qualifications & Experience
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- At least 7 years of experience in the technology industry, managing projects and leading product/service delivery teams through a full lifecycle
- At least 4 years of experience in customer-facing consulting (strategy, transformation, or program management)
- Career (1-2 years) exposure to SDLC life cycle or Agile delivery is desirable, which means:
- Product Owner / Product Management
- Software development and testing experience
- Continuous delivery using automation experience
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, technology delivery process improvement and optimization, data analysis, and KPIs reporting using dashboards and tools
- Strong communication skills; experience presenting to executives as well as running and facilitating workshops and other collaborative sessions with customers such as value stream mapping, roadmap development for product delivery and cloud migration
- Experience with Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Experience working with project management and reporting using tools such as JIRA, TFS, Rally, Confluence, etc.
- Ability to create financial models to support Return on Investment (ROI), TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) calculations for customers
- Ability to travel up to 75%, as needed
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.). Certification in AWS cloud platform is a plus
- Understanding of AWS Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), Migration Readiness Assessment (MRA), and Migration Readiness Planning (MRP) constructs
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery using automation concepts i.e. processes, team structure and operating model, best practices, frameworks, tools, etc.
- Exposure to scaled agile frameworks such as LeSS, SAFe, etc.