As a PS Engineer (PE), your primary objective will be working as the Technical Lead in leading application deployments. The PE must communicate precise specifications clearly to internal stakeholders, who are responsible for developing the application infrastructure. This requires partnering with the engineering team to discuss product features and requirements. To meet client needs the application will be configured for the client specific use cases & interfaces. Clear communications with the client technical teams and training the client are key to successful application delivery.
In this exciting role, you will…
- Bridge the relationship between PS, IT, and Product teams
- Work with NCR's EFT processing engine, Authentic, and perform analysis, implementation, deployment and technical support with a focus on client and product deliverables and supporting the whole life cycle
- Be involved in all aspects of the project life cycle, including being responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, design, review, product configuration and testing to implement custom client solutions
- Perform analysis as determined by client requirements, including analysis and capture of client and internal requirements, design, and project planning implementation
- Implement the required applications, including configuration of messages, configuration of interfaces, configuration of business logic/rules, data manipulation, and predelivery testing
- Participate in deployment at the client site with the client team to deploy the applications into the clients' environment
- Participate in system deployment, training, system testing, and certification with external bodies
- Engage with client in supporting the application and troubleshooting issues as necessary
- Contribute to the implementation roadmap for process and IT changes
- Monitor and control system performance, and effectively communicate system achievements or dependencies
- Facilitate gaps between client expectation and system functionality by working with the product team to deliver patches and enhancements as appropriate
- Some travel may be required
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical Discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years of experience with systems analysis and/or development.
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex, global environment
- Ability to parse debug/trace logs and determine application configuration issues
- Conversant in Cloud-Based architectural, administrative, and security considerations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good Microsoft Office products knowledge (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access)
Experience must include:
- 3 years of experience with the payments industry and in particular payment authorization, ATM & POS Terminal driving
- 3 years of experience in transaction processing and switching
- 3 years of experience implementing Real-Time Systems
- 3 years of experience with Oracle relational databases and SQL programming
- 3 years of experience with ISO 8583, XML and Web-service messages
- 3 years of experience in Java/J2EE programming
- 3 years of experience in transaction reporting and settlement
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 2 years of experience with systems analysis and/or development.