Palo Alto Networks® is the fastest-growing security company in history. We offer the chance to be part of an important mission: ending breaches and protecting our way of digital life. If you are a motivated, intelligent, creative, and hardworking individual, then this job is for you!
The Professional Services Program Manager will manage services projects as part of the delivery cycle, including managing all deployment resources and ensuring that all deliverables are met and delivered on-time and under budget. This person will drive customer deployment projects including program, process initiatives, as well as partner with IT on systems and infrastructure processes.
- Determine project stakeholders and team structure/organization; stakeholders will include technical and business resources
- In conjunction with project stakeholders, help ensure definition of project scope, requirements, and deliverables
- Develop project schedule and milestones using appropriate tools and techniques
- Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities and tasks
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Work on services operational projects that target new services IP delivery, partner communications, scheduling, etc.
- Review deliverables prepared by team before passing to client
- Effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards
- Minimize our exposure and risk on all projects
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Strong proficiency with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, @task, or Liquid Planner
- Good communication skills including written, oral, presentation (including Microsoft PowerPoint), and adaptive (multi-level)
- Good organizational skills including tool utilization (spreadsheets, project management tools, mind maps), information capture, attention to detail, and prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills including empathy and the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Flexible to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines; able to promptly and efficiently react to project adjustments and alterations
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent education/training/experience
- Project Management Institute PMP(r) certification or equivalent a plus
- 8+ years of related work experience or managing complex projects desired