$100K - $150K(Ladders Estimates)
Israel Discount Bank of New York, also known by its registered service mark, "IDB Bank", is a full service commercial bank chartered by the State of New York and a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). Our liquidity and capital ratios are strong, and we are ranked by Crain's New York Business as the 14th largest commercial bank in the New York area.
The Professional Services Private Banker actively develops, manages, retains and grows banking relationships within the professional services market. The professional services industry is defined as service providers involved primarily in law, accounting, medicine, and private equity. This individual must possess expertise in understanding the specific needs of professional service providers by ensuring the delivery of the comprehensive capabilities of the entire Private Bank using the Financial Advisory approach; effectively interact and collaborate with Group Managers and others assigned to the client/relationship team; participate as an active member of the community and leader within the professional services market. This individual is expected to be a key generator of new business for the PB Group as well as lead in the development of a sustainable business strategy relating specifically to the professional services market.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
· Business Development- Excellent business development and networking skills with a proven sales record and the ability to attract new clients and expand existing relationships. Emphasis on building deep, personal relationships and cross-selling of all appropriate products & services
· Development and implementation of local marketing plans/team action plans.
· Risk Management- Exhibit and apply solid understanding of risk management policies and procedures, adhere to compliance, audit and regulatory requirements.
· Effectively monitor and manage own loan and deposit portfolio, as well as oversight for team member portfolios when appropriate; to continually ensure performance and quality.
· Advise appropriate senior management of potential risks and deteriorating portfolios.
· Technical Expertise- Understand and apply client strategies as they relate to changes in economic, legal and investment landscapes.
· Stay current on competition and product needs.
· Remain knowledgeable of and follow all Private Banking policies and processes. Provide technical training and guidance to less experienced Private Bankers as appropriate.
· Financial Management- Effectively manage revenues, expenses and asset quality.
· Manage a loan and deposit portfolio consisting of professional services related clients, directly focused on opportunities involving loans and deposits, while assisting in the identification of other client needs and making appropriate referral to Private Bank partners through the Group Managers.
· Ensure profitable growth of the banking and lending portfolio through retention of existing clients and expansion of existing relationships through anticipation of changing client needs.
· Expand existing portfolio through new client acquisitions by proactively identifying prospective clients, preparing presentations, following up on contacts, and taking a solutions based approachplaying an instrumental role in the procurement and presentation of Private Bank products and services.
· Manage daily loan and deposit portfolio activity and resolve all client issues promptly and professionally.
· Create and implement action plans to develop new business and broaden existing relationships, including the establishment of external and internal networking and referral programs.
· Exhibit an in depth understanding of the credit risks associated with business lending and customized personal lending to professional services client base; exhibit a solid understanding of and adhere to risk management policies/procedures and regulatory, audit and compliance requirements as they relate to banking and credit; demonstrate the ability to conservatively and appropriately manage the risks of the loan portfolio while meeting the needs of the client and the bank.
· Conduct and participate in regular relationship reviews of high potential clients with other client/relationship team members.
· Through effective profiling and as part of the client/relationship team, examine client/prospect's overall financial requirements, assist with the development and execution of action plans to effectively match the client's /prospect's needs with the Bank's products and service capabilities.
· Participate in community and business activities at a leadership level to enhance the image of IDB Bank in an effort to retain and build upon existing and new business within the market.
· Possess and exhibit an in depth understanding of the financial planning/advisory approach utilized in managing client relationships.
· Prepare appropriate and timely documentation of customer calls and prospecting activities as required.
· Responsible for personal and professional development as it relates to the banking industry and the bank's products and services in conjunction with the support of senior management.
· Bachelor's degree in Finance or related field, CFP a plus. 10+ years of applicable experience, including significant experience in the professional services market.
· Both commercial and consumer lending skills preferred, including formal credit training. Thorough knowledge of all products, services, and capabilities of the Bank.
· Broad knowledge of all facets of Wealth Management. Series 7 & 66 licenses preferred, but not required.
· Excellent listening, writing, speaking and presentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Effective negotiation skills.
· Effective leadership skills.
· Premier business development skills.
· Excellent organization skills.
· Ability to work effectively in a matrix management framework.
· Responsible for technical expertise of Private Banking team, as well as management oversight of the team's credit and deposit portfolio.
· Knowledge of and ability to execute Risk Management practices and strategies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13