The Professional Services Manager will be responsible for managing the processes and personnel necessary to ensure the best practice implementation of MasterControl is deployed by our customers. Activities include the quality delivery of technical and architectural services, quality process consultation, software configuration, software validation and education/training services. Along with implementing and executing best practice processes, the manager will be responsible for the development of viable and affordable service offerings.
The Professional Services Manager is an active member of the Services and Corporate leadership teams and will participate in strategic initiatives within the department as well as with cross departmental initiatives as assigned. A key focus of the position is to enable staff and partners with the proper resources, tools and processes to maximum value to the customer. The success of this role is ultimately measured through product adoption, license sales, renewal of subscriptions and customer references/loyalty. These objectives are generally accomplished by focusing on quick project turnaround, predictable and well managed costs, careful project backlog management, consistent process improvement and well-designed offerings. Finally, the Professional Services Manager is responsible for the timely resolution of issues directed to them from employees and customers (internal & external).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and enable the distribution of all Professional Services best practice materials necessary to meet our near-term and long-term strategic objectives.
- Ensure that all employees have the necessary equipment, facilities and tools to perform their work. Ensure that employees all are properly trained to deliver the appropriate services to all customers.
- Manage the Professional Services team capacity levels and resourcing processes necessary to meet both quality and customer timelines.
- Document and implement processes to provide customers with best practice methods necessary for success.
- Reinforce the need for accurate and meaningful communication of software issues from the field to our support and product teams.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships of trust with customers, partner and coworkers. Follow up quickly with customers or partners on any complaints or escalations.
- Execute the measurement and reporting of customer success and loyalty
- Follow company policy for expense reporting and gaining approval from management for departmental purchase requisitions. Provide coaching to team members either remotely or at customer locations as necessary
- Provide reports on Professional Services group key performance metrics regarding delivery cycles times, customer satisfaction, and product adoption.
- Meet periodically to conduct business with other MC personnel as it relates to internal issues/initiatives and conduct business within the Professional Services group necessary for the continuity of the group
- Create and manage to a budget for all responsible lines of revenue within the Services organization.
- Work closely with the sales organization to support the successful close of sales to new and existing customers. Create Statements of Work, when necessary. Identify and improve processes to help sales.
- Create and maintain relationships with key customer accounts.
- Provide active leadership to team members and represent the company to customers/partners
- Other duties as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, via video conferencing telephone and via e-mail
- Ability to work with software systems that support our services infrastructure. Experience with a PSA system and office tools is preferred. Ability to work non-standard hours as necessary or required.
- Ability to maintain a connection between the other Professional Services consultants and SVP Services through remote communication technology. If remote, must be able to travel to headquarters in SLC at least one time per quarter
- S. Business/Science required, (or equivalent experience)
- At least 3-5 years' experience in manufacturing/quality or regulated industry
- Previous management and leadership experience.
- Mastery of financial and operational planning, budgeting, coordination, and task prioritization skills
- Extensive knowledge of MasterControl and how to implement the software is required
- Ability to speak authoritatively on behalf of MasterControl and evaluate client situations and present solutions
- Ability to present Best Practice recommendations within the Life Science and ISO regulated industries
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven success working in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment