Presidio is a leading North American IT solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Cloud and Security solutions to create agile, secure infrastructure platforms for middle-market customers. We deliver this technology expertise through a full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support services including strategy, consulting, implementation and design. By taking the time to deeply understand how our clients define success, we help them harness technology advances, simplify IT complexity and optimize their environments today while enabling future applications, user experiences, and revenue models. As of June 30, 2018, we serve approximately 8,000 middle-market, large, and government organizations across a diverse range of industries. Approximately 2,900 Presidio professionals, including more than 1,600 technical engineers, are based in 60+ offices across the United States in a unique, local delivery model combined with the national scale of a $2.8 billion dollar industry leader. We are passionate about driving results for our clients and delivering the highest quality of service in the industry. Presidio is majority owned by affiliates of investment funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management, LLC (NYSE:APO).
As Director of Professional Services your primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of professional services for your region. The Director of Professional Services manages activities and people associated with project delivery success factors: profitability, resources utilization, on-time, on-budget and client satisfaction. He/She will build and identify additional opportunities by fostering and expanding client relationships, cultivating additional revenue opportunities and collaborating with sales force during sales cycle. This position reports directly to the Area VP of Professional Services. This position has management oversight of the service delivery engineering team.
- Manage to Regional/Territory Service Profitability Goals. Work closely with regional management and Area professional services management to ensure service margin goals are met.
- Optimize Engineering Billable Utilization. Monitor engineering utilization and maintain regional utilization targets for delivery team so as to achieve profitability goals.
- Ensure Service Delivery Team Follows Strategic Engagement Framework (SEF). Make sure all projects are planned and executed using SEF principles to achieve project success, customer satisfaction, and regional profit goals.
- Manage the SEF Proposal Review and Approval Process (RAP). Work with sales, presales, and regional management teams to ensure all service proposals, service agreements, and RFP responses adhere to RAP process.
- Ensure Accurate Engineering Scheduling. Work with regional PMO team to ensure engineering schedules are accurate, up-to-date, and are not over booked by PM’s so as to achieve billable utilization goals.
- Develop Technical Expertise of Team. Ensure service team has the technical expertise to deliver the professional services that are in alignment with both regional management and Presidio’s go-to- market strategy.
- Maintain Practice Excellence. Recruit and retain Managing Consultants and/or Senior Consulting Architect – Team Leads in each of the practice areas and set goals with them on practice improvement
- Maintain High Customer Satisfaction on all Service Delivery. Maintain visibility into services performed. Work with all parties involved to ensure consistent high quality delivery.
- Manage Service Team Time Reporting. Ensure regional Engineering and Project Management time is accurate, complete, and is turned in and approved on time.
- Control Costs and Expenses. Monitor team expenses and identify cost savings opportunities. Educate/advise services team on the current regional financial picture and encourage/instill a sense of company ownership/fiscal responsibility.
- Support Regional Sales Team. Work with presales leadership and sales team when needed to augment presales engineers for presales assistance.
- Identify, Assess, Evaluate, Hire and Retain Best Consulting and Delivery Talent.
- Ensure Effective Team Communications. Maintain excellent employee relations, communicating regularly with the services team, individually and collectively, to ensure company goals and expectations are clearly communicated, understood and met. Communicate with each team member regularly to provide feedback and guidance as well as receive feedback.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience.
- 10 - 15 years of experience in professional services delivery
- Cisco, VMware, EMC, and NetApp experience and/or product knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong project engineering management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.