Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Solutions Architect, you will report to the Professional Services Practice Manager and be responsible for providing full lifecycle technical consulting centered around cybersecurity solution sets for commercial, federal, state, and local organizations.The emphasis of this position will be on advanced Network Access Control (NAC) solutions based on Aruba Clearpass and Cisco ISE.In addition, in order to provide holistic cybersecurity solutions, the ideal candidate will have experience with each layer of the organizational cybersecurity onion from the internal network to the edge and beyond.
- Support sales team, as required, to recommend and close cybersecurity opportunities.
- Cultivate trusted advisor relationships with customers with a focus on making them successful.
- Perform cybersecurity and vulnerability assessments.
- Gather customer requirements, make recommendations, architect/design solutions, develop project pricing and scopes, and participate in proposal/capture efforts including customer presentations.
- Work collaboratively with and provide support as a technical subject matter expert (SME) to the Sales, Engineering, Capture and Proposal teams.
- Determine infrastructure and application solution pricing and options for value engineering that meet company and customer budget and project objectives.
- Develop messaging for proposal responses that represent compelling value propositions to customers and differentiate Vision Technologies from competitors.
- Work with cross-functional resources and delivery teams to architect and deliver cybersecurity solutions of varying size and complexity.
- Work with sales teams to educated and raise awareness of solution strategies and offerings to drive revenues.
- Cultivate strong channel partner relationships to create a sales and engineering force multiplier, cultivate bi-directional lead flow, obtain registered discounts and other backend rebates, and stay current.
- Maintain current knowledge of cybersecurity industry trends and best practices.
- Assist with the development and evolution of future state of managed services offerings/capabilities to meet changing market demands.
- Complete project activities and provide deliverables on time and under budget.
- Ensure knowledge transfer to customers for implemented solutions.
- Create deliverable documents including network drawings and device configurations that customers can use to operate implemented solutions.
As a Solutions Architect, your excellent communication and presentation skills combined with a technically sound understanding of Cisco and HP/Aruba products will enable the Professional Services Practice to meet and exceed customer and company goals. Specific requiredqualifications for the Solutions Architect position include:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technology-related discipline (e.g., information systems, computer science).
- CCNA Route/Switch or Wireless (CCNP or higher preferred).
- Relevant industry certifications - IASAE II: CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, CSSLP
- 5 years of post-collegiate work experience in the IT field, or military equivalent, with sales engineering / technology solutions design and pricing experience with emphasis on Cisco or HP/Aruba environments.
- Hands-on experience designing and implementing Cisco or HP/Aruba technologies for Enterprise Routing and Switching, Wireless, and NetworkSecurity.
- Network Access Control design and implementation experience with either Clearpass and/or ISE
- Solid experience in Cisco and Aruba routing, switching, and wireless, including VLANs, 802.1x, MAC-based Authentication, RADIUS, ISE/ClearPass configurations, Captive Portal configuration, IPS/IDS, WIDS/WIPS
- Hands on experience managing Cisco ASA/FirePower and Palo Alto firewalls
- Ability to do Packet Capture Analysis
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Pre-Sales experience with technology solution sets.
- Capacity to cultivate strong channel relationships.
- Ability to develop shared service offerings in an IT-service provider environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – must be proficient developing and delivering presentations on solution and business case/value to public sector IT managers.
- Aggressive, self-directed style
- Willingness to travel nationally 15 percent of the time.
- Experience as primary author on complex deliverables, white papers, and/or academic articles.
- Demonstrated experience writing winning proposals.
- Wireless and Securityexperience.
- HP/Aruba or HP/Aruba partner experience.
- Cisco or Cisco partner experience.
- U.S. Federal government experience.
- Experience with AirMagnet or Ekahau wireless toolsets.