Professional Services Consultant - Virtual Role
Deliver intermediate to advanced implementation or consulting projects to achieve successful on-time schedule completion and client delight. Provide clients with guidance and advice for workflow planning and drive adoption of best practices for greatest customer return on investment. Act as member of the project team, working with the client and Sunquest teams. Responsible for performing contracted onsite and remote services for clients.
· Travels to client sites to install Sunquest software products following department procedures and guidelines.
· Consult pre and post-sale with key stakeholders as requested to ensure project scope aligns with contracted customer expectations.
· Effectively organizes and prioritizes project tasks to ensure timely completion of projects assigned.
· Conducts training for the client as part of the overall implementation process.
· Independently resolves project issues or determines when escalation to management is necessary.
· Guides the client in their decision making to achieve maximum efficiency using Sunquest best practice recommendations.
· Stays up-to-date on new features, enhancements, versions and products.
· Acts as a mentor or technical resource for Sunquest products.
· Deliver user group presentations as necessary.
· All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
· Demonstrated ability to work independently
· Ability to teach and present in a classroom setting.
· Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
· Effective writing and communication skills.
· Problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with all organizational levels.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
· 3 years’ experience in a healthcare and/or IT/software environment.
· Experience with healthcare information systems or Sunquest software products preferred.
· Experience working in a consulting or implementation environment preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare specialty workflow(s) preferred.
Significant heavy travel is required to client sites in different time zones. The position does not always allow for a set daily work schedule, meal times, etc. Visual acuity is required for reading technical literature/documentation and interactive computer use. The position may occasionally require lifting or carrying documents and/or heavy equipment to client sites. Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards. Substantial time is spent working on a computer.
Sunquest’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Applicants for U.S. based positions with Sunquest Information Systems must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.