The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a "black box" outside of their control. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility and insight into the now borderless network. It arms them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including 4 of the top 5 SaaS companies, 4 of the top 6 US banks and 3 of the Fortune 5. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
When large enterprise customers acquire new software, the best way to ramp to productivity often involves a personal touch from resources who know the platform inside and out. This role covers two major areas of engagement: customer onboarding (structured training, best practice and implementation discussions), and delivery of consulting services to customers.
You'll need to be a ThousandEyes product expert, with cross-platform integration experience, monitoring system expertise, and a strong foundation in Linux and core networkarchitecture. You'll plan for and deliver on a wide range of engagement types including implementation, configuration and documentation of monitoring services, end-user training, and third party systems integration. You'll need to be a jack of all trades, who's polished and easy to put in front of a wide variety of customer roles - and need to love working for a growing company in the NPMD space. The ideal candidate is a former advanced technical support or operations team member who has experience in managing systems integration projects involving monitoring systems, who cleans up nicely and can represent the face of the company to the customer.
You'll bring a strong foundation in the area of networking, development, and monitoring to the table, have project management experience with an eye for details, and want to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a different challenge to solve each day. You're a master of creating order from chaos.
- 3-5 years experience in a customer-facing role
- Standout "customer first" attitude
- Amazing communication and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical acumen
- Project management and consulting experience
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Able to juggle and accomplish tasks in tight timeframes
- Experience maintaining or implementing LAN/WAN environments
- Familiarity with web technologies (deployment, maintenance, debugging)
- Development skill set in at least one programming language
- Engage with customers to reduce ramp time and increase implementation stickiness
- Delivery of training, industry best practice discussion
- Build value-based relationships with customers, leading to referral and renewal
- Leverage enterprise data analytics to transparently track and report on customer engagement