Professional Services Consultant
Less than 5 years experience • Software
Our client is a smaller, entrepreneurial, established and fast growing software vendor that provides comprehensive security offerings and is one that is committed to technology innovation that consistently listens and reacts to their customer’s needs. As a result of this company’s continued expansion we are seeking talented and experienced candidate with a technical software background and some customer facing experience for these exciting opportunities:
Position title: Professional Services Engineer
Location: Anywhere on the West coast(California, Oregon, Arizona, Washington, Utah, etc.)
THIS IS A VIRTUAL OFFICE POSITION
Our client is seeking a talented, Professional Services Engineer to lead the activity with accounts. The Professional Services Engineer will work as part of the professional services team that is responsible for successful customer adoption of the company’s products, delivering technical services, training and maintaining customer satisfaction. Such activities include planning and leading the implementation of product solutions, performing product demos and training for developers and management, both on-site and remote, as well as assisting in tailoring the solution to align with customer risk policies. The ideal candidate will lead the adoption of the company products while coordinating with the product management, R&D, support and sales teams with the goal of ensuring customer satisfaction and success. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are comfortable working independently, but also as part of a team.
- Lead and manage the deployment and adoption of products with customers.
- Be responsible for technically managing multiple strategic accounts (through email, telephone calls and on-site visits) and ensure customer satisfaction with the company’s solution.
- Understand and document customer requests, needs, requirements and escalations. Work closely with product management, R&D and support teams. Coordinate and be responsible for successful on-time delivery.
- Design solution implementations based on customer technical requirements.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a professional services role working with strategic accounts.
- Ability to read and understand code upon first sight.
- 3+ years of software development experience in one of these languages: Java / .Net / PHP / Mobile- an advantage.
- Background with security software offerings (I.e. penetration testing / code review) a big plus. Some security or PCI compliance experience.
- Experience with the design of solutions implementation based on customer’s technical requirements.
- Experience with integrations of development infrastructure products (Source Code Repositories, Build Systems, Bug Tracking Tools).
- Experience with writing and performing technical presentations and product demonstrations.
- Experience with delivering training to classes with up to 15 people.
- Travelrequired (50% or more at peaks).
- Excellent team and autonomous work capabilities.
- Strong communication skills
- Academic degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s Degree and/or CISSP certification a plus