Our Professional Services Team is responsible for ensuring the success of our customers, acting as the subject matter experts for our product and providing consulting expertise for the integration and operation of MemSQL. The professional services consultant will be responsible for hands-on product implementations with new customers and ensure a world-class experience. The successful individual will be able to carry on deep discussions with customers' front-line technical experts as well as high-level, business talks with senior executives.
As an organization, we’ve hit an inflection point making this an exciting time to be at MemSQL. Given the continued growth of our business, it’s critical that we implement scalable tools and best practices to effectively scale the organization. This position will play a key role in not just product implementations but will contribute to the processes that will help take the company to the next level.
Role and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with customers to gain an understanding of both their technical and business requirements
- Execute on design and deployment plans to successfully implement MemSQL into new customer environments
- Follow best practices when deploying MemSQL, ensuring a consistent and positive customer experience
- Help build and deploy the next generation of database management platform that automates tasks, provisioning/deprovisioning, analytics, and instrumentation across 1,000s of nodes.
- Evangelize best practices by educating customers and becoming their trusted advisor
Required Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of experience working with complex applications or distributed systems, having a deep understanding of technology deployments
- Previous customer facing role either part of consulting, sales or support
- Experience working closely with customers and partners to successfully deploy complex, custom solutions in a variety customer environments
- Strong technical skills, with a firm understanding of SQL, Linux, and scripting languages (Python, Go, etc.) and one or more the of the following technologies: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL
- Deep understanding of technology and solutions with one or more of the following technology products: RDBMS, Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and/or “Big Data” technology targeting enterprise accounts
- Strong customer service skills, with a passion for delivering customer satisfaction
- B.S. in Computer Science or other technical major
- Ability to travel up to 50%