Thycotic, a global leader in IT security, is the fastest growing provider of Privileged Access Management solutions that protect an organization’s most valuable assets from cyber-attacks and insider threats.
Our mission is to make self-sufficient security champions, by making security tools people love to use that make privilege management achievable for everyone.
We help organizations protect what matters most, by limiting privileged account risk, implementing least privilege policies, controlling applications, and demonstrating compliance.
The results show:
- We have over 10,000 customers worldwide ranging from small IT shops to Fortune 5 companies and are adding new customers each day!
- We are Rated #1 in customer satisfaction, achieving a 96% renewal rate!
- We are among Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies six years in a row!
The Professional Services Consultant II delivers on pre-paid packaged services including installation, configuration, and customization of Thycotic software and custom engagements that may include scripting (with help from others at Thycotic), API use, and geo-replication.
The individual collaborates with other Thycotic staff to ensure that Thycotic software solutions are successfully implemented as the foundation of a strategic Privilege Access Management program.
The technical consultant will be involved with advanced troubleshooting and technical escalation management for a client account.
This position requires up to 40% travel.
- Collaborate with the Client Services team to help scope engagements for Professional Services
- Lead the implementation of the Thycotic solution in the client’s environment
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Work with clients to understand the technical architecture of their environments as it relates to the installation, configuration, upgrade, or enhancement of Secret Server
- Install, upgrade and/or configure Thycotic software to work within the capabilities of the application for those requirements
- Review the configuration decisions that are available to clients and provide guidance on best practices
- Produce deliverables for client signoff such as installation plans, configuration plans, documentation on what was installed and configured, the architecture of the resulting environment, and any PowerShell scripts that were used
- Build and maintain client relationships to become a trusted advisor
- Work efficiently with client’s technical support team to solve client issues
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of full-time work experience managing or supporting enterprise systems and/or implementing enterprise-class software solutions – with Privilege Access Management preferred
- Windows Server operating system and Active Directory experience
- Working experience with cloud deployments on Microsoft Azure Or AWS
- Implementing enterprise-class software dealing with Windows and Active Directory security
- SQL Server Implementation (Reporting/Admin) experience
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and competing priorities
- Proven ability to effectively engage and work with sales, project managers, technical support, engineering, and other teams within an organization to drive client success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience or ability to quickly learn all Microsoft workstation and server operating systems from XP to Server 2016
- Expertise in TSQL queries and PowerShell Scripting is a significant plus
- Any Windows or SQL Server certifications a plus