Our team provides a comprehensive portfolio of solutions to help customers architect, implement, maintain, and optimize their IT infrastructure with our products. You can help best-in-class customers improve application delivery, access, security, and data management for their infrastructure.
What would you do?
As an F5 Application Delivery Consultant, you are a creative engineer working in partnership with our clients, advising them how to use F5 ADC solutions in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. You are a leader with vision, providing strategic mentorship and subject matter expertise to customers with regard to implementation and configuration of the core F5 BIG-IP products.
You are the face of F5 while engaged on customer projects and are key contributors cultivating a positive relationship between customers and F5 through effective communication and successful delivery of the solutions. They understand and communicate goals and critical success factors for the project; have a dialog on ideas persuasively and pace the communications properly.
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide technical mentorship to customer onsite and/or remotely regarding the implementation, configuration and maintenance of the F5 BIG-IP core products independently or with a team
- Perform as project lead and/or catalyst for systems architecture, solution design, deployment, testing, problem identification, troubleshooting and documentation
- Perform basic project management duties such as projects status update reports, time tracking and expectation management for the delivery of work product and associated risks
- Lead customer interaction and engagement over the course of the assigned projects
- Maintain working proficiency in F5 products and technologies through focused and formal training
- Identify additional product/services opportunities in customer organization
- Engage with multiple teams including but not limited to F5 Support, F5 Product Sales, and F5 Professional Services Sales
Requirements to get the job done:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of meaningful experience, with a focus on architecture and design of network or systems infrastructure, performance and management
- Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer.
- Demonstrate an understanding of technologies such as firewalling, application availability and security, web gateways, authentication/authorization, encryption, VPN’s and network architecture.
- Demonstrate an ability to articulate and transfer complex ideas to a wide audience through both verbal and written communication.
- Motivate yourself and adapt to changing environments.
- Demonstrate strong written communication, presentation writing, project scoping and user documentation skills.
- Provide experience handling multiple concurrent network and security projects
It is helpful for talent to have knowledge & experience with the following:
- Proficiency with F5 ADC and industry standard security technologies and products: Firewalls, WAFs, IDS/IPS
- Good understanding of Containerization concepts including Docker images, Deployment Plans, YAML file configurations, Kubectl (Kubernetes Command Line Tool)
- Strong understanding of Cloud native and container based distributed systems like Kubernetes
- Working experience of provisioning and managing container clusters
- Knowledge of common networking concepts with a deep understanding of Ethernet, IP (IPv4 and IPv6), TCP, and UDP.
- Configuring or running OSPF, BGP, static and dynamic routing with firewall technology for any organization.
- Linux, UNIX, and Windows knowledge
- Knowledge of DNS related tools and technologies: BIND, named
- Cryptographic concepts and implementations: OpenSSL, DNSSEC, SSL/TLS, PKI, IKE
- AAA related technologies: Active Directory (AD), LDAP, NTLM, Kerberos, SAML, RADIUS, DIAMETER, and TACACS.
- VPN and tunneling technologies: IPsec, SSL, PPTP, GRE, MPLS
- IIS, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic, Oracle or similar web and application platforms.
- Security certifications: OSCP, OSWE, GIAC, CISSP, Security+
- Scripting and development experience in F5 iRules, Unix Shell, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#; Web Technologies: Java, JSP, PHP, .NET, Node.js