Primary Job Function
Responsible for managing people responsible for programs or projects involving department or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a product through the design process and into a finished state for external customers. Plans and directs schedules. Monitors the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with customers on technical matters. Organizes interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints. Assigns and monitors work of program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Core Job Responsibilities
Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
1. Recruits, coaches and develops organizational talent.
2. Fosters a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in
pursuit of organizational objectives.
3. Creates an entrepreneurial environment.
4. Provides direction and guidance to exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff who exercise
significant latitude and independence in their assignments. May supervise non-exempt
5. Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
6. Demonstrates effective change leadership.
7. Builds strategic partnerships to further departmental and organizational objectives.
8. Develops and executes organizational and operational policies that affect one or more groups by
utilizing technical/professional knowledge and skills.
9. Monitors compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. compliance with FDA, BSI, EEO
10. Makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to
achieve department objectives.
11. Develops, monitors and appropriately adjusts the annual budget for department(s).
Position Accountability / Scope
Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for operating goals that are in alignment with the division. Provides leadership to assigned staff and supervisors by communicating and providing guidance towards achieving department objectives.
Creates immediate to long-range plans to carry out objectives established by top management; develops and calculates a budget for a department or group to meet organizational goals; forecasts future departmental needs including human and material resources and capital expenditures; recommends or modifies the structure of organizational units or a centralized functional activity subject to senior management approval.
Assignments are expressed in the form of objectives; makes decisions regarding work processes or operational plans and schedules in order to achieve the program objectives established by senior management; consequences of erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally include critical delays and modifications to projects or operations with substantial expenditure of time, human resources, and funds, and may jeopardize future business activity.
Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Provides direction and monitors progress of exempt specialists and/or supervisory staff toward departmental goals; monitors costs of projects and of human and material resources within a department or unit; monitors company-wide indicators such as market share and profitability; monitors external environment in area of technical or professional responsibility.
Will perform this job in a quality system environment. Failure to adequately perform tasks can result in noncompliance with governmental regulations.