The Professional Services Engineer will provide customer facing: post-sales support, professional Services and training for Telco Systems Carrier Ethernet and NFV Solutions for a variety of Service Provider and Carrier customers. Reporting to Director of Professional Services and working closely with the regional sales team and R&D team.
- Provide Telco Customers, Technical solutions, assessment and needed analysis.
- Work closely with the customers to understand their needs and provide appropriate solutions to meet customer business and network objectives.
- Ensure service assurance and solution integrity for key, strategic customers.
- Running Proof Of Concept testing on customer's sites
- Execute technical certification trainings
- Work with global Solutions/Sales Engineering teams, in planning, designing and delivering advanced technical solutions.
- At least 3 years of technical experience in the service provider environment
- In-depth working knowledge across multiple technical disciplines that includes Data communications, Broadband, IP-VPN, xWDM, MPLS/VPLS, Metro Ethernet, Systems, and LAN /WAN integration, SDN/NFV.
- Experience in design, expertise and implementation of complex Metro Ethernet and MPLS solutions – A Must
- Understanding of routing protocols such as ISIS, OSPF and BGP – A Must
- Operational experience in an MSO and ISP environment
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- MEF-CECP preferred
- Willingness to travel 20% of the time
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude and good team skills is required – A Must
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
- Self-motivated and being able to work autonomously and in a team environment.
- Continued learning ability on new technologies and solutions