Professional Security Services Engineer
Professional Security Services Engineer - On Site - Wilmington, DE
We're currently partnering with a successful Pre-IPO, rapidly expanding global leader in the white-hot Cybersecurity Software space. Our client is an award-winning industry leader, providing leading edge security solutions to global enterprise organizations.
Professional Security Services Engineer
The Professional Security Services Engineer will drive customer adoption and success of our solutions into their environment. Customer success is achieved by driving initiatives designed to add business value, dissemination of best practices, fulfilling a trusted advisor role, education of product capabilities and engaging in other professional services as necessary.
We are interested in speaking to highly-skilled, senior level security professionals that have been working in a customer-facing Cyber Security engineering role or consulting for at least 3 years, and have developed a proficiency in supporting large scale enterprise application deployments for 5+ years. This would include hands-on with, firewalls, IDS/IPS, SIEM, as well as Linux and enterprise deployments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product Deployment: deploy security driven products to customers and manage the full life cycle of deployment from planning to completion.
- Provide value-added consulting services, such as automation processes, best practice advice, special projects and integration activities.
- Customer Activities: Participate in post-sales customer meetings, presentations, requirements gathering, solution design and competitive positioning.
- Customer Training Work with the customers to ensure they are properly trained and leveraging the solution and achieving success.
Background & Qualifications:
· How firewalls work, how they handle packets and how to audit them.
· How they make decisions per rule base and how to configure rule bases, (what they mean).
· Strength in at least 1 major Firewall vendor, Palo, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Juniper.
· How to access devices, retrieve configs, how to read and understand configs.
· Layer 2 firewalls and Virtual Firewalls in hardware (Vsys, Vdom, Contexts).
· High level of Networking, familiarity with Layer 3 networking in large networks.
· Not just knowing what devices are, but having worked on configuration, understanding how networking (routing) works and how networks are put together.
· Key factors: L3 networking, MPLS, VRF, Routing rules /protocols etc.
· It would be good if the person was very strong in at least one major vendor like CISCO, JUNIPER for Routers.
· Understands how to access and configure devices, understands how to read and interpret config.
· Network Troubleshooting experience, important (L3 network not LANS).
· Load Balancers, like F5 – must know how they work.
· How to large organizations scan for vulnerabilities (network scanners, Qualys, Rapid 7 etc).
· What is life cycle of vulnerabilities, from detection, prioritization, remediation etc.
Understanding Policies and Processes:
· Access controls for security – process/policy.
· Standards, NIST, PCI (as applies to Firewall and Networks).
· How organizations approach security policy and governance.
· Change Management - how it works, what are processes, how are they automated.
· Overall processes in organizations what is manual what is automated.
Linux System Admin: Must be VERY strong
• Setup, interface config, general administration.
• Syslog-ng ad syslog concepts in general.
“Nice to have” skills and credentials
• Strong in Shell Scripting (BASH).
• Python: Range between medium experience to high experience and expertise,
• SQL – MySql, DB Queries, complex queries, reading/writing data, filtering data,
• Familiar with REST API/SOAP API – Medium or higher experiencepreferred.
· Network and security vendor certifications desirable include CISSP, CCNP. Juniper certs
· Otherdesiredsecurity certifications include OSCP and GIAC
· B.S. degree in relevant discipline(s) desired
Our client offers a full benefits package including paid time off, bonus and stock options. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.