Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads the development of approved projects and initiatives, as well as monitoring and performance, for the Product Strategy and Development team.
- Leads multiple projects and initiatives. Responsibility for projects includes the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, controls and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the organization.
- Monitors initiative planning to ensure it tracks on schedule – incorporate new initiatives into planning and ensures appropriate market positioning.
- Establishes, maintains and facilitates cooperative working relationships among all cross-functional groups, including Executive Leadership.
- Reports to senior management on performance of assigned portfolio.
- Assists in forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maintain detailed documentation as it relates to projects and departmental initiatives.
- Works closely with management to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Evaluates all business processes and assists in developing and implementing process improvements to increase efficiency.
- Responsible for the gathering and articulation of business requirements as it relates to the success of the products.
- Achieves objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity and quality standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
Innovation, Research, and Analysis
- Understand marketplace and competitive trends and employer and consumer trends so as to identify and evaluate new business development opportunities.
- The Program Director, Product Strategy and Planning is MVP’s primary SME during all aspects of vetting, identifying, and ultimately negotiating with Vendor partners.
- Manages current external vendor relationships; serves as bridge between external partners and internal stakeholders across the organization.
- Provide analytic and communications support to Executive Leadership for key internal and external presentations.
- Create and present business cases, presentations, and other documentation intended to recommend new ideas and strategic opportunities.
- Researches competitors, non-traditional competitors, market updates, and industry changes.
- Reports on competitive positioning and market performance.
- Translate data and complex analyses into simple yet powerful stories
- Develops and proposes key business plans and opportunities in support of corporate strategies and objectives
- Minimal travel between MVP offices, including overnight travel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education:Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or other related field or equivalent work experience. Graduate degree preferred. Project management certifications preferred.
- Seven years of professional experience in a multi-disciplined setting, either in health care, marketing, retail, or other consumer-focused business.
- One year of professional experience in health care, preferably health insurance or care delivery.
- Prior Product Management or Product Development experience preferred.
- Past supervisory experience of professionals preferred.
- Prior experience with leading/facilitating cross-functional teams.
- Experience with or exposure to Lean and Agile/Scrum; Jobs to Be Done, Outcome Based Innovation, and Design Thinking experience preferred.
- Analytics/data-driven background strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated success in leading projects
- Experience facilitating vendor evaluation and build vs. buy decisions
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Segmentation of markets, identifying target customers, and uncovering unmet customer needs as input to innovative products, services, and programs
- Experience working with data, including interpreting results, creating reports, and presenting information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing concise, well-organized written materials to communicate concepts effectively
- Experience in the concepts and execution of corporate strategy.
- Excellent computer and software skills including but not limited to: MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for application in dealing with all constituents – co-workers, vendors, and Executive staff.
- Strong orientation around strategy, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision making with a demonstrated ability to act decisively.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- A team player able to work well in an energetic, dynamic and deadline oriented environment.
- Self-directed and detail oriented with strong organizational and multi-tasking skills and solid judgment and confidence.
Previous experience required in situations demanding strict adherence to confidentiality #ZIP