The Professional & Organizational Development (POD) Trainer will execute learning initiatives that maximize new ways of learning, build upon existing learning technologies, ensure requisite team member capabilities now and in the future, and emphasize a strong learning culture and engaging learning experiences. This role is responsible to design, development, curation, and delivery of learning content to ensure end-user adoption and a high impact learner experience across Clinical Operations and Education Solutions teams. This role leads, develops, and oversees daily team operations in support of the Clinical Operations and Education Solutions departments strategy by creating an inspired team dynamic to execute production targets and implement strategic initiatives, in alignment and partnership with Clinical leadership and Transformation team – in order to grow team performance ultimately impacting fill rate, market share, revenue and profit.
- Perform needs analysis and consult with HR and business leaders to identify gaps, align programs to AMNs company goals, and develop team members and leaders aimed at improving performance, driving leadership, and employee engagement and retention.
- Develops and implements an annual education plan for the Clinical Operations Department.
- Assess department training needs through Clinical Leadership and performance data in order to develop & implement results-based training curriculum that addresses performance gaps.
- Manages the development of competency assessment and validation materials for the various roles within Clinical Operations Department
- Use a train the trainer approach to model best practices by observing and providing coaching in order to continuously improve training delivery.
- Coordinate, schedule and supervise on-the-job assessments to specifically identify effectiveness of training curriculum in on-the-job environment, making appropriate recommendations based on assessment.
- Facilitate team meetings to cascade strategic updates, process changes and skill development opportunities.
- Provide tracking and reports to business constituents regarding training measures of success.
- Consult with the AMN Healthcare LT&D team, and other HR and Development Leadership Team members to identify training requirements and make appropriate recommendations.
- Produces quarterly reports that describe outcomes and continuous development strategies
- Develop partnership with internal stakeholders and training team members.
- Develop course evaluation metrics that assess business impact and regularly report on findings through department leaders.
- Analyze survey data, provide counsel to senior leaders, and develop learning strategies and programs that will address the most impactful gaps with engagement and retention.
- Report adoption rates and metrics to business leaders.
- Create and curate learning resources.
- Facilitate learning programs, workshops, and meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Advanced Degree in Healthcare field
- Instructional Design Certification
- Project Management Certification
- 5 year Nursing experience
- 3-5 years in Learning & Development role with strong emphasis in consulting and facilitation
- Leading educational programs in the Healthcare Staffing industry
- 3-5 years contributing to training projects including process workflow across multiple business functions
- Experience leading small to medium-sized projects with defined objectives, deliverables and timelines
- Experience supporting complex change management initiatives across organizations with multiple business lines and locations
- Experience exercising independent judgment and providing consultation to learning peers