Professional Licensed Surveyor
11 - 15 years experience • Architecture & Construction
Professional Licensed Surveyor for municipal public works and civil/site construction projects in the greater Baltimore/Washington D.C. area. We are looking for an experienced survey professional that can provide day to day management and supervision of the survey crew(s) and assist in developing and marketing the company’s surveying services.
Duties and responsibilities include planning daily activities in association with Division Manager and Survey Manager; make technical and supervisory decisions and report to Division Manager and Survey Manager immediately; provide input to Survey Manager on performance of crew members; provide oversight of vehicle and equipment assigned to Maryland office; coordination of equipment maintenance and calibration; coordination of required vehicle and equipment maintenance; supervise use of equipment; serve as party chief when required; prepare sketches, notes, and perform electronic data collection; communicate with project team, including project manager and clients; prepare and submit daily time sheets, data logs, expense reports and otherrequired documentation; verify that staff under direct supervision prepare and submit daily time sheets, data logs, expense reports, and otherrequired documentation; participates in marketing of company’s services and pursues new clients in order to build survey backlog; and, perform related duties as assigned. Candidate must demonstrate strong computer and communication skills.
Interested individuals should have a strong work ethic, be able to work independently and must possess a valid driver’s license. Work may require lifting, climbing, bending, stooping, standing for extended durations and walking long distances. Work is performed under all weather conditions and may involve working on busy streets, construction sites, difficult terrain and difficult slopes. Overnight travel may be required. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package offered, including 401K.
- Must have 7+ years’ experience in actual field surveying and 10+ years’ experience overall in land surveying;
- Must be a Registered Professional Surveyor in the State of MD and maintain licensure. Licensure in Pennsylvania and Delaware a plus;
- Proficient with the use of surveying software, including use of CADD and ability to produce survey plans/plats;
- Demonstrate leadership and strong communication skills;
- Demonstrate experience in contract negotiations, budgeting, and surveying estimates;
- Demonstrate ability to oversee survey personnel and projects;
- Must have up-to-date knowledge of public agency codes, processes and standards; and
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree in related field a plus.
- Please Send Resume to fkling@Method3.com
- Office: 717-910-4363