Industry: Education, Government & Non-Profit•
5 - 7 years
Posted 58 days ago
Job Requisition ID: 15203
Additional Locations: Northern part of California (Madera County, Santa Clara County, Tulare County, Kern County). Candidate must reside within the Central Valley Area.
The Professional Learning Consultant promotes the academic integrity of Literacy Solutions' work in districts and schools across the country. The Professional Learning Consultant supports customers by providing the highest quality professional learning ensuring fidelity, success and results; through; addressing customer needs; customer planning, in person, on-line or blended coaching support to teachers and administrators on Literacy instructional practices and/or training on HMH Programs. The Professional Learning Consultant represents Literacy Solutions with clients and other consultants; supporting consultants; promoting products and resources; and being knowledgeable on current educational issues.
Professional Learning and Development
• Ensure deep content, pedagogy, and product knowledge.
• Provide best practice implementation professional learning for Literacy instructional practices and/or programs for teachers, coaches and leaders that informs decisions around professional learning services.
• Support other consultants with preparation for delivery of services responding to questions, and trouble-shooting when needed.
• Provide documentation following each professional learning session.
Planning, Implementation, Logistics
• Consult with leadership and teachers about their professional learning needs to provide customer focused services.
• Prepare to deliver services addressing client needs and adhering to the agreed upon services, approaches and content.
• Position the implementation message, processes and offerings including recommendations utilizing established communications protocols with appropriate team members to ensure results and the delivery of service for aligned accounts.
• Prepare using clearly defined processes, procedures, and protocols for successful implementation.
• Facilitate ongoing dialogue and review of customer satisfaction through proactive customer contact and discussion.
Coaching and Delivery
• Provide in-classroom, on-line, or blended coaching to teachers to support instruction, differentiation, and/or HMH Programs ensuring fidelity and strengthening results.
• Share best instructional practices through modeling, co-teaching, etc.
• Use assessment and report data to individualize and differentiate instruction.
• Complete necessary documentation within 24-48 hours of services event.
• Make future recommendations for further professional learning needs based on coaching visits or session.
• Review evaluations from courses and/or sessions and recommended improvements with aligned manager or director.
• Monitor service delivery and calendar to 110 to 160 days depending on Region demand and as deemed by manager.
Reporting, Data Collection and Analysis
• In collaboration with the aligned manager and director, facilitate appropriate data collection to expand sales in key accounts and provide recommendations for improved results.
• Ensure that accounts are administering and tracking assessment data according to the implementation plan.
• Document instructional issues, questions and concerns specific to the implementation planning, instructional needs, and student population.
• Liaise with research and evaluation regarding research sites and strategic marketing sites.
Special Projects, Service Support
• Present or support implementation/classroom/instructional activities at regional and national events participating in associations and conferences to build awareness of professional learning offerings and to gain knowledge.
• Recommend new development or materials needs to the Content Development team.
• Promote Literacy Solutions resources and professional learning options forwarding leads to Sales team and manager and directors of professional learning.
• Leverage reporting as an opportunity to make additional recommendations for further professional learning.
• Minimum 4 year college degree.
• California Teaching Credentials.
• A minimum of 5 years prior teaching experience.
• Experience with Reading Interventions a plus.
• A minimum of 1 year of experience mentoring and/or coaching teachers and leaders.
• Candidate must reside within the Central Valley Area.
• Experience with adult learners and training delivery.
• Have a command of the English language verbally and in writing.
• ELL, Dual Language, Special Educationa certifications a plus.
• Basic knowledge of performance data, statistics.
• Be a life-long learner and strive to increase knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrate excellent instructional practices in courses, in coaching, and in working with leaders.
• Model excellent leadership and team building skills.
• Demonstrate a professional cross-organizational, team-oriented attitude
• Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
• Adhere to company ethical aspirations and credo.
• Practice flexible innovative approaches to problem solving in challenging situations.
• Demonstrate high-level communication skills that facilitate coherence across all partner organizations.
• Convey deep understanding of pedagogy and the current standards instructional shifts.
• Build internal and external relationships that foster credibility and trust.
• Exhibit a willingness to learn and develop a command of all cross-organizational offerings, including professional learning opportunities, related services, and associated up-selling opportunities.
• Create and deliver high-level specialized presentations.
• Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing).
• The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
• Ability to work in cross functional teams and as well as work independently.
• Ability to travel up to 80% including overnight stays. Preferably lives in a major city allowing for reasonable travel times via commercial airline.
• Commitment to further learning and training