The Sr. Survey Manager (PSM) will be responsible for managing several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects, and/or larger project simultaneously; managing multiple survey crews and enforcing surveying standards; as well as marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, staff coordination, scheduling, client communication, proposal preparation, and negotiation of scopes and fees.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Establish operational plans and review staffing levels to ensure schedule and quality on surveying and mapping projects.
- Plan and implement procedures and systems to maximize operating efficiency.
- Provide oversight of multiple survey / mapping teams performing Boundary Surveys, Topographical Surveys, Right of Way Surveys, Legal Descriptions, Horizontal and Vertical Control Networks, Aerial Mapping, Construction Staking, As-built Surveys and Mapping, Route Surveys, Sub-surface Utility Locating, GIS services and various mapping exhibits.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships to expand the customer / client base in the Florida region.
- Pursue opportunities, market clients for future projects, write proposals, participate in proposal presentations, and negotiate contracts.
- Remain current on legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Oversee financial details and performance of all survey projects or tasks, and directly supervise office and field staff assigned to the survey group.
- Collaborate with staff to monitor and assist in production of proposal and marketing materials to ensure consistency and clarity with our objectives.
- Oversees multiple survey crews and office staff and provide training and mentoring.
- Manages project budgets and schedules.
- Quality control, oversight and review for all office survey work product
- Makes recommendations for hiring survey staff and related personnel.
- Handle proposals and business development efforts by interfacing with engineering staff and provide external focus to seek project opportunities in the south Florida region.
Job Qualifications Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree in Surveying or related physical science from an accredited college or university,
- 8-15 years of progressive experience in surveying.
- Licensed as a Professional Surveyor (PSM) in the State of Florida, or ability to obtain licensure within 12 months.
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills, management ability, supervisory skills, and business knowledge.
- Demonstrate persuasion in the negotiation of critical issues. Travel to other office locations may be required.
- Demonstrated success in transportation survey services and large-scale public works projects strongly desired.
- Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects.
- Six Figure Base Salary
- Health Benefits
- 401k options