The purpose of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (J-U-B) is “Helping Each Other Create Better Communities”. We foster a teamwork environment to solve problems that improve the communities we work and live in – while providing employees with growth opportunities.
We are seeking to hire a Professional Traffic Engineer (Lead) to work in either our Salt Lake City UT or Boise ID office. This position supports the traffic engineering practice of J-U-B corporate wide, across all geography and offices. This is a key position, part of the traffic engineering leadership team for the company.
The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Lead the preparation of studies and designs related to traffic engineering.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff through the process of project work and training.
- Work with project managers to provide traffic engineering support for the projects they manage and, in some cases, independently manage project deliverables.
- Supervise support staff assigned to projects including junior traffic engineers, drafters, EIT’s, and other transportation project engineers.
- Oversee the design of traffic signals, lighting, signing, and striping for projects in Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, and Colorado.
- Independently conduct and supervise traffic operations analyses for intersections and corridors in support of transportation and planning projects for local, state, and federally funded projects.
- Perform travel demand modeling using CUBE.
- Independently perform signal timing optimizations and develop signal timing plans for roadway networks.
- Perform Maintenance of Traffic (MOT)/Traffic Control reviews and design MOT plans per state DOT standards.
- Use methodologies and processes from the state DOT and US DOT Manuals.
- Develop scopes of work, contracts, and budgets for projects.
- Write technical reports and develop processes for workflow. Write proposals and interview for potential projects.
- Represent clients in public meetings or open houses and conduct project meetings.
- Attend council and commissioner meetings for clients.
- Bachelors degree (B.S.) in Civil Engineering or equivalent and a current PE license required.
- Masters degree (M.S) with Emphasis in Transportation/Traffic Engineering desired.
- 10 years, or more, of Traffic/Transportation Engineering.
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) is a plus or the ability and obtain the certification within two years of employment.
- Expertise in HCS 2010, Synchro/SimTraffic, VISSIM required
- Transportation Planning experience is required. CUBE or TransCAD or VISUM travel demand modeling experience required.
- AutoCAD Design Experience is desired but not required. MicroStation Experience is required.
- Experience working with any DOT’s in J-U-B’s geography (Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Colorado) is a requirement.
- GIS experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to work with other and to manage project deliverables.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, supporting multiple offices and teams, is required.
- Strong communication and writing skills required.
Determined by experience. In addition to your great salary, J-U-B also offers a competitive benefit package including insurances, bonuses, a flexible work schedule, and the ability to work in a team-centered, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere.