Designs, builds, establishes and maintains database management systems to accommodate internal/external user needs.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes the needs and requirements of users of existing and proposed database systems and develops technical, structural and organizational specifications to include access methods, access time, job control language, statistical methodologies, device allocation, validation checks, protection and security.
- Designs, develops, implements, loads and maintains database for internal and external users/clients.
- Creates standards and/or modeling to monitor and enhance the capacity and performance of the database. Programs and writes codes. Develops data import and export routines to automate data loading. Builds windows, screens and reports.
- Participates in quality assurance activities by testing standard design applications and in the development of test application code in client server environments to ensure that software conforms to build management practices.
- Develops and maintains the tables and fields provided in the database to ensure accurate and error-free programming.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business administration, software engineering, or related field preferred
- Three or more years of database engineering, design or development experience
- Experience working with relational data modeling
- Experience working with data warehousing
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Experience working with database development methodologies, design and implementation
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Skills in using a Windows development language, programming or scripting such as VBScript, COM, COM+, XML, Java, Perl, etc.
- Ability to comprehend business unit/client needs regarding database development/modification