Professional Civil Engineer
5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
DEA’s Residential Land Development Segment is currently hiring for a Professional Civil Engineer in our Victorville, CA office. The Professional Civil Engineer’s role is to carry out individual tasks delegated to them by the Project Manager. This is a hands-on technical career-track position. The Professional Civil Engineer plans and conducts work requiring judgment regarding the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Successful candidates should possess expertise in land development design, grading, drainage, streets, sewers, storm drain and utilities.
- Apply civil engineering principles to assigned projects, either as a team leader or functioning independently.
- Create a design plan and lead specification production on a wide variety of projects which include site layouts, horizontal and vertical control, grading and drainage, paving, site utilities, and associated civil engineering activities
- Perform calculations, specifications and proposal preparation, and permitting applications
- Schedule projects (understanding, creating, modifying, identifying the critical path), prepare and review cost estimates, and client coordination
- Execute complex assignments utilizing judgment in evaluation, selection, and modification of standard engineering techniques and procedures
- Devise new approaches to problems encountered
- Interface with clients and public agencies
- May supervise project staff with the ability to mentor junior staff
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant design experience related to Land Development projects consisting of commercial, residential, public works, institutional, or industrial
- Demonstrated experience with Civil 3D, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary.
- CA Professional Engineering License
- Direct Residential Land Development project experience
- LEED AP Certification
- QSD Certification
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule