Professional Architectural Project Manager
The Professional Project Manager – Mid Level will assist the client with oversight and overall management of their assigned projects. Functional responsibilities will be that of a Project Manager with a broad based knowledge of lease activity, construction trades, and facility maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends regular and special project meetings as required.
- Creates and updates project reports and communications on regular schedules and as needed to support special requests.
- Creates, sets-up and maintains a project filing, record keeping and documentation system.
- Provides overall project management functions to include monitoring and controlling the project and communicating across all project stakeholders, initiating the project, planning the project, executing the project and closing the project.
- Provides design technical reviews, code compliance reviews, constructability reviews, analysis of value engineering proposals, preparation of cost estimates, cost analysis, cost control and cost monitoring, site investigations and site surveys, scheduling, review of design scope changes, leading/attending design review meetings, performing market studies (related to contractor interest) and assisting client offices with phasing and move planning as needed to support the project.
- Establishes and maintains all files, submittals, daily reports, and contractor daily reports.
- Establishes and maintains all Architects’ reports which include submittals, correspondence, pay requests, change orders, meeting minutes, supplemental instructions, sketches, Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Changes (RFC)
- Establishes and maintains all Engineer's reports, which include submittals, correspondence, supplemental instructions, sketches, all correspondence between the architect, engineer, testing agency, and the contractor.
Education and Experience:
- BA or BS degree and eight (8) years of experience in a project management position with an emphasis on architecture or engineering.
- Experience producing technical drawings using current industry standard AutoCAD software required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Industry Project software packages to include but not limited to latest versions of Microsoft Project, Primavera, AutoCAD, Revit, Prolog, etc.
- Experience with coordinating with architects and engineers to create design and construction documents. Experience with reviewing design document submittals, preparing cost and schedule estimates, collecting, preparing, and reporting programmatic information.
- Professional degree in a technical discipline is required.
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience in commercial construction development is required.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) or a Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certificate is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools required.
- Demonstrated experience in project leadership and team management.
- Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be knowledgeable of construction disciplines, to include civil, architectural, mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering and information technology principles.
- Broad-based understanding of project management with strong planning, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain overview of entire project while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Capable of independent decision making, possess a high degree of individual initiative, and be able to function with no supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with strong leadership, project management, team building and presentation skills required.
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Duties and tasks may require some physical requirements to include:
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or confined spaces
- Ability to wear personal protective gear correctly
- Ability to climb, pull, push, carry items as part of daily engineering work