Role : Production support (Unix/Java/Sybase)
Location : Parsippany ,NJ
Emp Type : Permanent Job
Interview : Phone/Skype
This person will be responsible for production support of various applications which were developed in Java and Sybase running under Unix Sun Solaris platform.
• Good knowledge of Basic Unix commands, CRON scheduler, Unix Shell scripts, Perl scripts etc.
• Good knowledge in Core Java technical skill in Unix platform.
• Good Sybase SQL query development skills.
• Knowledge on Oracle and C would be an added advantage.
• Excellent Analytical skills to identify the root cause of production support issues.
• Should be able to handle multiple priority issue
• Should have prior productions support experience.
• Should have good Sybase SQL development skills, including query performance.
• Interact with business for business requirements
• Estimate and design for the assigned unit of work
• Work on small code fixes and deployments.
• Assign work to the offshore team and ensure its completion on time
• Track and mitigate the risks for the assigned unit of work
• Coordinate the acceptance of deliverables with users
• Ensure periodic updates to the application manuals
• Review the deliverables from the team
• Facilitate implementation of fixes
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team
• Attend weekly status meeting with Offshore and Client Manager /SMEs.
• Identity/deploy process improvements idea
• Ensure 100% system/application uptime