Working as part of a global team with specific responsibility for supporting and maintaining the trading system. Requires full understanding of the system architecture, applying/suggesting bug fixes, developing new tools for system monitoring and reporting, and working with the internal business to identify and resolve issues. The role offers end-to-end understanding of a complex online bond trading platform. They will get to know the architecture inside out.
- The provision of extremely high levels of availability for the production, demonstration and test systems.
- Resolution of any problems in these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- The development of system instrumentation and monitoring tools.
- 3-5 years of IT experience in a support role.
- Experience supporting an existing large system to very high levels of availability, ideally of financial and especially trading systems is desirable.
- Trading or Level 3 experience supporting an existing large system with levels of availability.
- Experience or knowledge in OOPS concepts, SQL and scripting languages (Perl/Python).
- In this role you will be very proactive and be able to understand the business needs and prioritize work accordingly.
- The team works very closely, and it is a high pressure mission critical production environment.
- Candidate in this role requires good communication skills as they will be dealing with internal customers on a regular basis.
- In this role you will be required to be flexible regarding work schedule, including evening and occasional weekend duties.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.