We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The CIT organization in Charles Schwab & Co.'s IT organization is comprised of several teams that support internal Schwab business goals through the delivery of technology, operations, and projects. Our focus is to provide support to CIT by resolving and preventing problems efficiently, while driving automation and improving operations
What you’ll do:
This role provides the production support and consultation to our many users and business groups who regularly utilize Service Technologies such as Glance, macros, Oracle, windows server infrastructures and .NET applications at Schwab. This role works in consulting with sprint teams and users on system requirements, supporting the development team to understand, troubleshoot, and solve both minor and complex system bugs and enhancements.
- Provides production oncall and development platform support to sprint teams.
- Respond to customer support email distribution.
- Document system requirements and update infrastructure diagrams.
- Ensure production change management processes are adhered to.
- Partner with developers on scripting and alert monitoring automation.
- Attend production support trouble shooting technical support calls and work through problem resolution.
- Contribute in release planning efforts.
- Coordinate system maintenance such as O.S. patching, deploying certificates and software upgrades and password rotations.
- Ability to run pre-production dry runs and back-out testing.
- Execute production code deployments.
- Support Macros, Windows services, Glance co-browsing, Oracle, MS SQL Server and .NET infrastructures.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Windows System Administration skills. Light UNIX skills are a plus.
- MS SQL and .NET skills.
- 5 years of experience supporting distributed applications.
- Excellent customer service and trouble shooting skills.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills as well as poise under pressure.
- PowerShell scripting or experience with Chat is a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program