We are looking for Production Support Specialist ?for our client in ?Malden, MA
Job Title: Production Support Specialist
Job Location: ?Malden, MA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide first tier technical support for Production and lower environments.
- Document issues and identify patterns in issues for escalation to the management and development teams.
- Perform research and analysis on XML messages, validation errors and business rules to provide guidance on how to clear errors for vendors, and business users.
- Participate in weekly meetings with vendors and team members.
- Resolve assigned/delegated technical issues.
- Work withother teams as necessary to troubleshoot errors, escalate issues and provide support services.
- Execute implementation plans, assist all resources (from the technical and business community) and address issues to ensure success.
- Communicate status and support issues to team members, business community and IT management.
- Engage in infrastructure operational management, documentation and integration
- Provide support to development, testing, and production systems, as needed.
- Perform implementation and system support activities in partnership with a variety of resources in both internal (e.g., Application Teams, Systems Engineering, Network Services, Database Services, ESE staff) and external (e.g., District Users, Student Information System vendors, service provider vendors and others) organizations.
- Develop and implement support procedures and environment changes required to support the project during its development life cycle.
- Must be a self starter with good oral and written communication skills, who works well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy customer requests and resolve software problems in a timely and professional manner.
- Strong attention to detail and complex problem solving capabilities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skill, and share expertise with others.
- Must have strong desire to learn and ability to acquire a solid understanding of current and future application architecture and business rules.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and juggle between multiple issues.
- Knowledge of business system development, management, administration, and problem resolution.
- Must have an understanding of relational DBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, ACCESS, preferred)
- Strong SQL skills in writing complex queries with join, union, sub-queries, aggregation etc. to support data analysis
- BA in Computer Science or related experience as a developer, business analyst, systems analyst, data analyst, or other related position, preferred.
- Knowledge of MicroSoft Windows, Linux or HP/UNIX platform management, administration, SQL and Oracle databases and problem resolution preferred
- Knowledge of Java, .Net, preferred