This position involves a 24 x 365 operation supporting a multitude of critical systems encompassing Mainframe z/OS, Windows, AIX & Linux. This is a technical position within Technical Operations Support with broad responsibilities for implementation and administration of Technology Operations' owned or sponsored applications. This position involves the integration and administration of job scheduling related third-party software and database management systems on mainframe and Open Systems platforms, and maintenance of real-time and event-driven systems
- Responsible for technical issues encountered during system implementation. Serves as main contributor in devising solutions to facilitate quality delivery of projects. Principal resource on matters relating to area of system expertise to include training of Application Programmers, Production Analysts, Computer Operators, department associates, and business unit users. Regularly provides technical interpretation, recommendation, and guidance on complex computing problems, project obstacles, and application deployment.
- Responsible for communicating with vendors, internal operating system support groups, and application programmers to resolve system and application problems. Performs as a consultant in one or more areas of expertise (subject matter expert). Responsible for leading a team during project implementation.
- Train Application Programmers and Technical Operations staff in the use of Cisco Tidal Job Scheduler and CA AutoSys Workload Automation and the administration of Workload Control Center functionalities. Provide guidance in troubleshooting errors on Open Systems platforms. Provide assistance / direction to Application Programmers and Production Analysts in Job Control Language syntax coding, file structure maintenance including metadata, problem determination, and recovery from processing errors.
- Administrate job scheduler in a cross platform scheduling environment consisting of Cisco Tidal, CA7 & CA AutoSys and WCC along with reporting components.
- Strong familiarity with Tidal Job Scheduler 6.2 and understanding of best practices and proper implementation of the Tidal Job Scheduling platform including Tidal upgrade and patching process.
- Ability to work independently and direct staff in a lead capacity.
- Working knowledge of MSSQL and Oracle and the ability to write complicated SQL Queries.
- Work Experience Has 7+ years hands on of IT work experience including Project management, responsible for production and operations support. In-depth knowledge of systems integration and is a high level technical contributor, recognized as a resource within and outside the department.
- Competent to work in all phases of system life cycle and is well versed in system architecture, systems engineering, methodologies, and new technological concepts.
- Possess good technical writing skills to be able to generate EPM documentations such as Design Specification, Conversion and Migration Plan, Test Strategies as well as training materials and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Possess broad knowledge of current industry technologies and generally accepted concepts to be able to comprehend and implement new technologies and system architectures being launched by the department.
Requisition #: 10020800-WD