Each project will be different, but you'll always be responsible for:
• Identify defects, discrepancies, and trends by ways of code debugging or log analysis
• Manage incidents and effectively communicate with users, application owners and senior stakeholders across all areas
• Work actively with team members to analyze and resolve application issues
• Improve application stability and performance by observing patterns, recurring failures and/or issues, and advise application owners on permanent fixes accordingly
• Adopt various tools developed by the application team to automate failures using machine learning techniques and notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost.
• Identify alerts / processes that can be automated and then work with the Engineering team in automating them.
• Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to solve problem or improve stability.
• Actively participate in Change management process with view to manage risk in production environment.
• Build and improve run books for generalists to minimize operational errors and gain fungibility/efficiency.
• Develop reports that provide trending statistics to track and manage application health and support service performance.
• Willing to learn and troubleshoot/support proprietary technologies not available through market place. No knowledge of proprietary technologies is required.
What You'll Definitely Need
• Master's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and approximately three (3) years of software development experience or Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) and approximately five (5) years of software development experience.
• Computer Science concept of Data Structures in practical use cases.
• Problem solving in a development or production environment, including experience observing patterns, analyzing root cause and suggesting ideas to resolve issues.
• One of the following environments: Sybase ASE/IQ, Oracle or DB2.
• Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of a development/production problem to help drive solutions with Development teams and senior stakeholders.
• One of the following programming languages: Java, C, C++, VB, .NET, ASP or Angular etc.
• Familiarity with Unix.
Valid Through: 2019-11-11