In this role, you will respond to a high volume of incoming Service Requests and Incidents related to OnDeck’s production applications. You will be relied upon to manage the entire life-cycle of these tickets – from validating initial intake performed by our NOC, through request fulfillment/incident resolution, stakeholder communication, Problem reporting, and knowledge sharing. In doing so, you will interact with virtually every area of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have. This role has high visibility to upper management and the rest of the company, as you will be relied upon to act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources for Major Incidents, if not responsible for resolving the incident itself. This positions you well for many different career opportunities within OnDeck. You will have the opportunity to learn ITIL best practices hands-on and participate in Continual Service Improvement as we continue to align our processes with ITIL standards. At the end of the day, you will be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
As a Production Support Engineer for our Partnerships Team at OnDeck, you will:
- Interact with virtually every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests related to OnDeck’s production applications – from initial intake and clarification with the internal end user through fulfillment, resolution, and knowledge sharing.
- Act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources when Major Incidents occur in production.
- Respond to a high volume of tickets in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform in-depth research to discover the root cause of Problems occurring in production.
- Schedule and manage dozens of batch jobs that are critical to the business and have complex dependencies.
- Learn about and help align the team with ITIL best practices.
- Have a variety of ways to contribute instead of doing the same thing over and over again. For example, some days you might focus entirely on responding to tickets, on other days you might identify and solve problems at a higher level through process optimization or tools creation, still others you may focus on creating reports and gathering metrics to support a business decision.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Strong sense of ownership. It is important that you follow through with an issue until the reporting user is satisfied.
- Enthusiasm for helping others in a Service Desk or similar troubleshooting environment. The service you provide our users should give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Top-notch listening and communication skills. As one example, it is critical to be able to quickly translate known facts about Major Incidents into communication that is easily consumed by business stakeholders. As another example, it is fundamentally important to be able to read a ticket, work with the end user to understand the issue, and successfully translate that information into the ticket such that anyone reading it for the first time fully understands the issue.
- Structured approach to problem solving. Many of the issues we face are unique, and it is your job to figure them out.
- Proficiency with navigating a Linux filesystem (e.g. editing files, log scraping, etc.).
- Facility with reading and writing SQL statements of basic to medium complexity.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment. This team is mainly focused on the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes.
- Experience scheduling and managing batch jobs.
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working in the Financial industry or with Web applications.
We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s community service events, book club meetings, team get-togethers or weekly social hours in the office.
OnDeck is the leader in online small business lending. Since 2007, the company has powered Main Street’s growth through advanced lending technology and a constant dedication to customer service. To date, the company has deployed over $5 billion to more than 50,000 customers in 700 different industries across the United States, Canada and Australia.