Electronic Payment Exchange (EPX), a subsidiary of North American Bancard is looking for two production support engineers to join the team in Tempe, Arizona. The production support engineers will ensure all EPX environments adhere to standards for performance, stability, availability, scalability, and compliance.
You will work in supporting all environments serving development, QA, or production purposes.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely and effective response to all system alerts and outages.
- Enforce compliance requirements in all in-scope environments.
- Identify and implement infrastructure changes to improve performance.
- Ensure completion of all EPX settlements, and assist with settlement-related issues.
- Research and resolve cases in the production support queue.
- Monitor and trend key production performance metrics and alert manager of issues.
- Deploy code releases to production environments.
- Assist in research and troubleshooting of production issues.
- Planning and execution of strategic architecture changes.
- Assist in identification of system improvements to reduce support case volume.
- Documentation of systems, processes, and schedules within in-scope environments.
- Assist in definition of processes and standards related to production functions.
- Stay current on and evaluate the potential use of new technologies in production.
What we need from you:
- Minimum Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years experience with rational databases, creating analytical queries
- 2 years experience in Technical Customer Service
- Comprehensive understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL) query creation and execution
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify technical platform issues and resolve or escalate when appropriate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong Customer Service ethic
- Independent learner, works well on their own and in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple critical project s at one time.