Production Support Engineer - 10557
Production Support Engineer
The global leader in marketing science is looking for a Production Support Engineer to critical systems/ infrastructure, primarily for the Active/Passive Collection and Crediting Facility (APCF) Television Audience Measurement system, which supports Nielsen television meters. This includes troubleshooting system and application problems, root cause analysis, and resolution of issues; as well as some periodic application/system administration tasks. The position also includes documenting system functionality, ad hoc data analysis, configuration, and maintenance tasks; and software application installations. This position is located in Columbia, MD but will work closely with the global team.
- Experience with highly critical production environments.
- Strong experience supporting systems/ applications using Tomcat and Apache web servers
- Good ability to troubleshoot network connection issues and application issues
- Good knowledge of server builds, operating system and software application installation in physical and virtual environments.
- Good knowledge of SQL and database concepts, preferably Sybase, and JDBC protocols.
- Good knowledge of Java programming language, Java server, Struts
- Good knowledge of shared storage concepts, including SAN and NAS.
- Good communication and presentation skills, able to work in a global team, proactive in troubleshooting, ability to think out of the box, open to multicultural working environment
- Fluent English and clear pronunciation (able to conduct written and spoken daily conversations with native English speakers)
- Familiarity working remotely with geographically-dispersed equipment environments
- Availability to work from home / other locations / on call if needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology (or related area) from an accredited college or university
- Basic knowledge of Control-M scheduling and Rapid SQL
- Basic knowledge of Amazon Web Services Cloud and DevOps Support, including Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment
- Familiarity with the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Jenkins), Ansible, and New Relic
- Possess a solid understanding of both network and systems security
- Works well in a fast-paced, team environment