The Production Support Team at Marqeta is at the center of the customer experience for Marqeta. We strive in providing the highest quality support and service to our valued customers. The Production Support Engineer will be a key member of this team and play a critical role in managing the technical needs of Marqeta customers.
- Provide high quality support to our customers
- Respond to inquiries via tickets, emails and other channels
- Take ownership of responding to inquiries, issues and escalations
- Perform problem solving, diagnosing, root cause analysis, and generate corrective action plans for issues
- Work cross-functionally to resolve issues and provide customer care
- Become a Marqeta product expert
- Assist in monitoring production transaction volume, functionality, capacity, and performance
- Assist in responding to alerts, data, and trends that have customer impact
- Coordinate and execute internal projects to better improve the support process
- Be proactive in monitoring, optimizing issuer resolution, and implementing corrective action planning
- Interact with Product, Engineering, and Technical Operational teams to provide feedback on production support related issues and improvements
- Provide on-callsupport for rotations and escalations
- 2+ years experience in technical support, product support, or IT support for B2B customers
- Committed, flexible, and with demonstrated ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision
- Good understanding of API technologies and troubleshooting (i.e.: you know what cURL does, know HTTP response codes, etc.)
- Comfortable working within a Linux environment
- Intermediate SQL knowledge (MySQL or Postgres experiencepreferred)
- Script writing - Python, Ruby, shell, etc.
- Experience with logging and monitoring tools such as Nagios, Kibana, Splunk, AppDynamic, SumLogic and New Relic
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies and tools
- Ability to work in a customer facing role, with strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to listen, show empathy and also be able to converse with both internal and external technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Enjoy working in a team environment
Great to have but not required
- Experience in payments and accounting
- Experience with Zendesk, Salesforce, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience working at high growth start up
- Be a member of an exceptional team - we’re growing and your career with us will too!
- Rich suite of benefit plans - Employee premiums paid 100%
- Generous Paid Time Off plan
- Market-leading fully paid Parental Leave
- Retirement savings - 401k plan with a Company match
- Meaningful Equity
- Quarterly Hack Weeks to support and reward innovation
- Beautiful downtown Oakland office in a great location, with stunning views of Lake Merritt
- Conveniently located close to public transportation
- Open, transparent culture that includes weekly All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsite, etc.
- Commuter and Parking monthly subsidy
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays, and more. Access to corporate gym membership rates and other discounts and employee perks!